News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

4590 broken down in Kings Heath, on the 76.

Tony

4567 is out on the 18 this afternoon id anyone needs to find it now at YW

Mayfield

According to Bustimes no electrics in service today, is this usual for a Sunday or a one off ?

cardew

Quote from: Mayfield on February 04, 2024, 06:34:59 PMAccording to Bustimes no electrics in service today, is this usual for a Sunday or a one off ?
Hopefully: new charging equipment installation is being worked on at a quiet time. 
Hopefully not: some sort of power issue

Stu

Quote from: Mayfield on February 04, 2024, 06:34:59 PMAccording to Bustimes no electrics in service today, is this usual for a Sunday or a one off ?
It is hopefully just a one-off, they are usually used on the 2, 3 and 6 on Sundays.

That does explain why I saw Omnilinks on the 2 and 3 today, which itself is unusual for a Sunday!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wba_lad

Just seen 6907 in West Brom, heading to West Bromwich garage for MOT I should say

Wba_lad

I've seen E018 at Coventry depot any ideas why it's there I heard it was removed so will this be added back to service?

JosephR

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 09, 2024, 06:38:20 PMI've seen E018 at Coventry depot any ideas why it's there I heard it was removed so will this be added back to service?
There till zenobe deal with them. 

Tony

Quote from: JosephR on February 09, 2024, 06:42:06 PMThere till zenobe deal with them.
Zenobe don't need to 'deal with them' They are all fully fit and available for use if Zenobe lease them to anybody

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 09, 2024, 06:38:20 PMI've seen E018 at Coventry depot any ideas why it's there I heard it was removed so will this be added back to service?
Please browse through other threads here and use the search function, so many of your questions have been asked and answered already elsewhere.

My locals:

JosephR

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2024, 06:48:58 PMZenobe don't need to 'deal with them' They are all fully fit and available for use if Zenobe lease them to anybody
So they've been dealt with. Therefore fit for use and return to NX. 

Tony

Quote from: JosephR on February 09, 2024, 07:22:13 PMSo they've been dealt with. Therefore fit for use and return to NX.
They are not NX buses, they could be leased to any operator

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2024, 07:24:03 PMThey are not NX buses, they could be leased to any operator
Silly question and hope not taken wrong for anything but would zenobe not take the Z batch buses back so national express can have their branded vehicles back or is it more complicated than that, 

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 09, 2024, 07:27:21 PMSilly question and hope not taken wrong for anything but would zenobe not take the Z batch buses back so national express can have their branded vehicles back or is it more complicated than that,
Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

Zenobe have a contract with NX Bus to provide xx amount of electric buses which can be used in active service.

The Z-numbered ones could be considered as 'spares', which can be exchanged with NX Bus as and when needed.

E004, E017 and E018 were taken out of the NX fleet, and replaced with Z4001, Z4006 and Z4007.

NX Bus still have the same number of electric buses, and Zenobe still have the same number of 'spares', thus the agreed contract is being fulfilled.

NX Bus don't actually 'own' these vehicles, they have them as part of an "electric Transport as a service" delivery model:
https://www.zenobe.com/insights-and-guides/is-electric-transport-as-a-service-etaas-the-future-for-fleet-electrification/
https://www.zenobe.com/case-studies/national-express-yardley-wood/
My locals:

frostjay974

Is Yardley Wood garage the only one that is owned by NX? as all the rest are rented out apparently 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk