News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service 29 vandalism and anti-social behaviour affecting Walsall buses

Started by I love Walsall buses, October 25, 2021, 07:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on January 26, 2024, 08:31:00 PMCould TFWM not have an on demand service for a replacement of the 29 and have a travel safety officer on board the service
Do you mean the 19, as Nx will only withdraw the 29 as a last resort?

Jack

Quote from: Westy on January 26, 2024, 08:56:51 PMDo you mean the 19, as Nx will only withdraw the 29 as a last resort?
Don't think NX will completely leave Blakenall, can't leave people stranded. The 19's tender with NX had finished and they chose not to retender it. I'm not sure why people think they dropped it as when NX had the 19 they wasn't dealing with ASB daily it was purely the 29.

Until the idiots stop I think the best thing is to divert when the idiots come about as what NX do currently with the 29.

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on January 26, 2024, 08:31:00 PMCould TFWM not have an on demand service for a replacement of the 29 and have a travel safety officer on board the service
North Walsall on Demand maybe, similar to the Coventry one. Ring and ride is already operational in that area so makes you wonder how feasible it is to merge the 19 with that maybe?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Carolean Coaches (never heard of them) will take over the 19 from 11th February.

Some suspended journeys to be reinstated, and subject to further bouts of ASB, full timetable to be restored from 25th February:

https://www.tfwm.org.uk/plan-your-journey/ways-to-travel/buses-in-the-west-midlands/upcoming-bus-service-changes/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Incident on Ross Road is diverting the 29 it doesn't say ASB specifically 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Westy

ellspurs

Quote from: Westy on February 03, 2024, 07:33:31 PMThey could've returned on the 19 at least!
Come on, that would've involved thought and effort!

Stu

Can we keep this topic on the subject of anti-social behaviour and vandalism of buses in Walsall please?
My locals:

Westy

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2024, 04:19:06 PMCan we keep this topic on the subject of anti-social behaviour and vandalism of buses in Walsall please?
Does that mean a separate topic for other areas has to be opened up then?

Just saying that NX on Twitter reported an issue on Ashmore Park earlier.

Stu

Quote from: Westy on February 04, 2024, 07:18:23 PMDoes that mean a separate topic for other areas has to be opened up then?

Just saying that NX on Twitter reported an issue on Ashmore Park earlier.
That's a different type of anti-social behaviour, drunken louts fighting outside a pub it seems. Probably football related at a guess. That diversion is cleared now anyway.

This topic is for discussing the issue of anti-social behaviour directed towards bus services and vandalism of vehicles in Walsall.

I can always edit the topic title if members want to discuss those issues affecting bus services elsewhere.

My locals:

Westy

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2024, 07:47:49 PMThat's a different type of anti-social behaviour, drunken louts fighting outside a pub it seems. Probably football related at a guess. That diversion is cleared now anyway.

This topic is for discussing the issue of anti-social behaviour directed towards bus services and vandalism of vehicles in Walsall.

I can always edit the topic title if members want to discuss those issues affecting bus services elsewhere.

Would be easier to edit the title, as there has been issues in the likes of The Scotlands area on Wolves 11 in the past.

It just seems daft to open another topic to cover another areas problems, when they can all be put into the one topic.

Wasnt there issues affecting South Brum services recently, according to the YW thread?

If so, those could've gone in this thread as well at the time.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2024, 07:47:49 PMThat's a different type of anti-social behaviour, drunken louts fighting outside a pub it seems. Probably football related at a guess. That diversion is cleared now anyway.

Wolves were away yesterday and won, Albion and Blues played each Saturday with Albion winning, Villa were away and won. I doubt it was Football fans, I hate that due to idiots we all get thrown into the hooligan crowd after having a few drinks. 
Anyway back on Topic
They haven't seemed to be causing ASB on the 29 and 19 recently or the 70 and 70A has something actually happened in that area
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Westy

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 05, 2024, 01:13:55 AMWolves were away yesterday and won, Albion and Blues played each Saturday with Albion winning, Villa were away and won. I doubt it was Football fans, I hate that due to idiots we all get thrown into the hooligan crowd after having a few drinks.
Anyway back on Topic
They haven't seemed to be causing ASB on the 29 and 19 recently or the 70 and 70A has something actually happened in that area
They had been using that Wolves double decker on loan on the 70 I noticed the one day last week.

You would've it might have been more use on the 51 covering for hydros, so whether something had been happening on Beechdale I dont know, but why use an on loan vehicle on a route thats had problems in recent past?

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on February 05, 2024, 01:23:14 AMThey had been using that Wolves double decker on loan on the 70 I noticed the one day last week.

You would've it might have been more use on the 51 covering for hydros, so whether something had been happening on Beechdale I dont know, but why use an on loan vehicle on a route thats had problems in recent past?
Is 5408 Euro 6 that might be why if it isn't 
Apparently someone said though that 4598 on the 69 a couple of weeks back had it's bonnet ripped off so if 5408 had stayed at Wolverhampton anyway it could have happened anyway 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk