News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 09, 2024, 05:39:42 PMI heard on the news apparently 4 buses have been involved any ideas of the 4th one I know 4614,4609 and 4733 but didn't think a 4th was involved untill heard it on the radio.
The fourth one was only 'attempted arson' and is not fire damaged.

Ronnoc

No doubt this saga has caused a stir at YW, that's 3 euro 6 vehicles knocked offline in one day. Could we perhaps see some buses reinstated from withdrawal to cover?

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2024, 06:09:04 PMThe fourth one was only 'attempted arson' and is not fire damaged.
Oh I see thankyou, at least they was caught before it happened.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Apparently on the radio I think 7 Buses have been set on fire over the last week or two. 3 were definitely attacked. One was attempted how about the other two assuming they were NX
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BlackCountryBusSpotter

3 other fires, does the 49 go through any rough areas particularly. Looking at the three that were set on fire most around Sharmans Cross. I know Chelmsley Wood is a rough area. Apparently Solihull and Sheldon is quiet nice
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

frostjay974

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2024, 06:09:04 PMThe fourth one was only 'attempted arson' and is not fire damaged.
Yeah there was only a little burn mark on the fourth and a passenger managed to put it out

Ronnoc

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on January 09, 2024, 08:09:35 PM3 other fires, does the 49 go through any rough areas particularly. Looking at the three that were set on fire most around Sharmans Cross. I know Chelmsley Wood is a rough area. Apparently Solihull and Sheldon is quiet nice
It goes through Kings Norton south and Druids Heath (statistically the most deprived area in Birmingham). I believe an arson took place around one of those areas in 2019, which caused considerable damage to 4554.

Stu

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on January 09, 2024, 08:09:35 PM3 other fires, does the 49 go through any rough areas particularly. Looking at the three that were set on fire most around Sharmans Cross. I know Chelmsley Wood is a rough area. Apparently Solihull and Sheldon is quiet nice
I'm not entertaining any discussions on 'rough areas'.

Solihull might be considered to be a 'nice area' but that's where these buses have been targetted.

This is down to 'people', not 'areas'.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Stu on January 09, 2024, 08:28:22 PMI'm not entertaining any discussions on 'rough areas'.

Solihull might be considered to be a 'nice area' but that's where these buses have been targetted.

This is down to 'people', not 'areas'.

Yes as Darlaston used to get a rep but to me the people are top class proper salt of the earth people but it had asb on the 34 around Rough Hay, 39 around Herberts Park and on the 79 a couple of years ago that made National news when that girl was attacked. But I often think like Blakenall it does depend on the area. Darlaston has improved by adding more stuff for people to do, but Blakenall hasn't hence some of the people there find smashing up Buses fun
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Tony

4609 & 4733 have both now been repaired, and are both out in service, 4733 is not tracking though

tufwum

Almost every time I get the 49 from Longbridge to Solihull, I have the nicest and quietest journey on the top deck... Then you get to Solihull Lodge and Haslucks Green and it just becomes a riot! So no, Shirley and Solihull aren't that posh - I hate going over there, but I have to because of family.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: tufwum on January 10, 2024, 02:17:20 PMAlmost every time I get the 49 from Longbridge to Solihull, I have the nicest and quietest journey on the top deck... Then you get to Solihull Lodge and Haslucks Green and it just becomes a riot! So no, Shirley and Solihull aren't that posh - I hate going over there, but I have to because of family.

I have family who I have never met from there. Had things worked out differently I may have lived there, but from what I saw of it on Tele and stuff and heard it was quite nice obviously not. But I guess it's like every other area in the Country good bits and bad bits. Anyway bringing it on target, would NX want to fine the inviduals for repairs to damage 4609, 4733 and possibly 4614.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Mike K

Quote from: tufwum on January 10, 2024, 02:17:20 PMAlmost every time I get the 49 from Longbridge to Solihull, I have the nicest and quietest journey on the top deck... Then you get to Solihull Lodge and Haslucks Green and it just becomes a riot! So no, Shirley and Solihull aren't that posh - I hate going over there, but I have to because of family.

Without wishing to derail this thread further, large parts of Solihull include some of the most affluent parts of the West Midlands and it's no coincidence that it's one of the most expensive places to live in the West Midlands. So generally speaking, most people would consider it "posh". 

That's not to say that all youths who live there are well behaved, or indeed that everyone who catches a bus there lives there.  

Quote from: Mike K on January 10, 2024, 07:19:33 PMWithout wishing to derail this thread further, large parts of Solihull include some of the most affluent parts of the West Midlands and it's no coincidence that it's one of the most expensive places to live in the West Midlands. So generally speaking, most people would consider it "posh".

That's not to say that all youths who live there are well behaved, or indeed that everyone who catches a bus there lives there. 
plenty of low life's about with money these days living in affluent areas, and plenty of honest hard working folks in less desirable areas 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk