News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frostjay974

Didn't they have undercover police on the buses in the past to stop assault and this sort of stuff from happening?

Gareth

Quote from: frostjay974 on January 08, 2024, 10:33:52 PMDidn't they have undercover police on the buses in the past to stop assault and this sort of stuff from happening?
You can't have an undercover officer traveling around every bus all day, every day just in case someone sets fire to it.

frostjay974

Quote from: Gareth on January 08, 2024, 10:47:53 PMYou can't have an undercover officer traveling around every bus all day, every day just in case someone sets fire to it.
I know you can't have police on every single bus but the whole idea of not knowing who is watching you was there to set a principle of a police officer possibly being on your bus at anytime sort of like how an inspector could come on your bus at anytime to combat fare evasion. 

winston

Quote from: frostjay974 on January 08, 2024, 10:58:51 PMI know you can't have police on every single bus but the whole idea of not knowing who is watching you was there to set a principle of a police officer possibly being on your bus at anytime sort of like how an inspector could come on your bus at anytime to combat fare evasion.
CCTV is watching every bus / all of the time. 

It shouldn't be too hard to track down who's responsible, they're obviously not bright enough to even use a different route / are setting fire to the buses within a small radius.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: frostjay974 on January 08, 2024, 10:33:52 PMDidn't they have undercover police on the buses in the past to stop assault and this sort of stuff from happening?
You've been watching too much television

Dababa015

Some people in Birmingham don't know how stupid they really are

Tony

When people moan about their bus not turning up consider these figures.
YW have 20 buses not available for service this morning. 7 are due to vandalism 3are due to RTCs where the NX driver was not to blame

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2024, 07:05:51 AMWhen people moan about their bus not turning up consider these figures.
YW have 20 buses not available for service this morning. 7 are due to vandalism 3are due to RTCs where the NX driver was not to blame
So is it true 4733 and 4609 have been arson attacks.

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 09, 2024, 09:37:56 AMSo is it true 4733 and 4609 have been arson attacks.
Yes, police now have arrested two people

Danthebusman

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2024, 09:50:55 AMYes, police now have arrested two people
Good, I hope they get charged appropriately and not just released on bail because the prisons are full or their age (if they are youths) or whatever, more justice needs to be served for these despicable acts and people need to learn they will pay the consequences for such crimes and won't just get away with it like too many people have done in the past!

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2024, 09:50:55 AMYes, police now have arrested two people
Jesus, why do they do it, I would never dream of doing anything like that. Glad they've got them, are the damages serious and will any of them return to service?

Tony

Wba_lad

frostjay974

How bad is the damage on 4609? 

Wba_lad

I heard on the news apparently 4 buses have been involved any ideas of the 4th one I know 4614,4609 and 4733 but didn't think a 4th was involved untill heard it on the radio.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk