News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Dylan4579 on September 07, 2023, 03:21:06 PMWell what would you call it when enforcement officers can't do their mundane job in broad daylight without being attacked because the local residents don't like it?
One incident that makes the press, doesn't make it a 'no-go' area.

Tesco are issuing all their staff with bodyworn cameras because of assaults in stores, does that makes all Tescos no go areas.

NXWM revenue inspectors get assaulted occasionally all over the West Midlands, does that make the whole of the West Midlands a 'no-go areae

Gareth

Z buses confusing inspectors on Moor Street today with their weird fleetnumbers and all over dark grey livery. 'It's on loan' shouted the driver.

As well as the wolverhampton 5 being withdrawn from the 5th November, it appears the 27 is being curtailed to run Yardley Wood to Frankley from the same date. With the sections to the Maypole and Cofton Hackett being withdrawn. As the start and finish point have changed on variation 56.

Vehicle Operator Licensing - GOV.UK (vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk)
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

@John Stait,

None of those are noteworthy, Euro 6 Deckers on City Services.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Jack on September 26, 2023, 07:46:54 PM@John Stait,

4612 on the 50 is noteworthy. However, ALX400s are more uncommon than rare when on the 50.

MW

Quote from: Jack on September 26, 2023, 07:46:54 PM@John Stait,

None of the workings in this thread are noteworthy. Bus on bus service. 

Jack

Quote from: Ronnoc on September 26, 2023, 08:09:19 PM4612 on the 50 is noteworthy. However, ALX400s are more uncommon than rare when on the 50.
Tridents do appear on the 50, especially in the peaks.

Quote from: MW on September 26, 2023, 08:29:26 PMNone of the workings in this thread are noteworthy. Bus on bus service.
As Tony would say Yardley Wood bus on Yardley Wood service  :smiley:

Tony

6899 out in service for the first time this year after the arson attack in December.

On the 863 school service

monkeyjoe

Just curious why are the short journeys on the  no 2 traditional Warstock terminus Arlington Grove moving to Oxhill rd, could it linked to complaints for householders. Just curious really. 

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 15, 2023, 05:12:05 AMJust curious why are the short journeys on the  no 2 traditional Warstock terminus Arlington Grove moving to Oxhill rd, could it linked to complaints for householders. Just curious really.
Its just the last journeys of the day, they don't actually terminate at Oxhill Road, they continue on to the bus garage where they finish.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

1931 - which wasn't tracking this morning - was already rammed when I got on at Hullbrook Road (0800 journey towards city).

Looking on BusTimes, I am going to assume this was because the 0744 journey did not operate rather than just didn't track, which would explain why it was so full.

My locals:

Stu

Half hour wait for a bus this evening from Auckland Road in Sparkbrook, as a 2, then a 3, then another 2 passed by, all rammed full single decks.

I really hope this next delivery of electrics is going to Yardley Wood so they can start getting rid of these Scanias, because they are really struggling to cope in the evening peaks, especially when people are using the 2 and 3 from city when there are gaps in the 6 services.
My locals:

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on November 08, 2023, 07:47:42 PMHalf hour wait for a bus this evening from Auckland Road in Sparkbrook, as a 2, then a 3, then another 2 passed by, all rammed full single decks.

I really hope this next delivery of electrics is going to Yardley Wood so they can start getting rid of these Scanias, because they are really struggling to cope in the evening peaks, especially when people are using the 2 and 3 from city when there are gaps in the 6 services.
I'm hoping for the same at Perry Barr.
Before anybody uses the comment "better than no bus at all", it isn't and never has been

Stu

Quote from: Steve3229vp on November 08, 2023, 07:59:11 PMI'm hoping for the same at Perry Barr.
Before anybody uses the comment "better than no bus at all", it isn't and never has been
Yes, it may as well be 'no bus' if the bus that turns up can't pick any more passengers up because it is already rammed full!
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk