News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 30, 2023, 03:09:36 PMAre you joking, that would reduce buses to Woodgate Valley to no more than every 20 mins !

From my own observations only when I've used the 23 the section between Newman Uni and California isn't that well used and I'm not sure it needs a bus every 10 mins, but then again I don't know the full picture obviously so I was just suggesting an option.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

mesub

QuoteFrom my own observations only when I've used the 23 the section between Newman Uni and California isn't that well used and I'm not sure it needs a bus every 10 mins, but then again I don't know the full picture obviously so I was just suggesting an option.

Depends on the time of day, I've seen it quite busy when I've gotten on in Woodgate Valley. Think about when the school kids get on as well! (Especially since The Green Bus will won't be serving King Edward VI Five Ways in September).
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

MasterPlan

76 going back to every 20 mins on Saturdays from 24th September, looking at the new TFWM timetable.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack

1930 and 4604 have brought Stoney Lane to a standstill because of awfully parked cars, another road that needs a ban of buses as this road has become a nightmare.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Jack on September 05, 2023, 02:00:51 PM1930 and 4604 have brought Stoney Lane to a standstill because of awfully parked cars, another road that needs a ban of buses as this road has become a nightmare.
There is also the same issue on Stratford Road by Somali-town. Ticket officers try to fine the offenders but end up getting physically attacked. Perhaps the city council, with its lack of money, should remove the parking spaces, widen the roads a little, and add barriers to the pavement.

JIM H

Z4001 & Z4006 in Solihull late this afternoon, both working route 6.

Stu

Quote from: Jack on September 05, 2023, 02:00:51 PM1930 and 4604 have brought Stoney Lane to a standstill because of awfully parked cars, another road that needs a ban of buses as this road has become a nightmare.
It needs the council and the police regularly going there and enforcing the parking restrictions in place. They could rake in a fortune in fines down there, and the money could be well spent on bollards or railings next to the park to stop people half-parking on the pavement.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on September 05, 2023, 07:11:39 PMIt needs the council and the police regularly going there and enforcing the parking restrictions in place. They could rake in a fortune in fines down there, and the money could be well spent on bollards or railings next to the park to stop people half-parking on the pavement.

There's a video going around of 2 parking wardens getting battered in Sparkbrook today. Perhaps they just stay away from certain areas..?

It wasn't @Trainbasher or whatever his name is these days, was it?

Mike K

Quote from: MW on September 05, 2023, 08:15:42 PMThere's a video going around of 2 parking wardens getting battered in Sparkbrook today. Perhaps they just stay away from certain areas..?

And the police tend to avoid some of these areas for similar reasons. It's a sad fact that there are a number of no-go areas in Birmingham for those in authority. 

Owen

I suggest get the army in to sort out these areas, tow way all the cars parked in the way, reroute the buses to go express till decent areas, Create more inner city cross city services so normal honest people don't have to suffer

Sayeed

Quote from: Owen on September 05, 2023, 11:31:52 PMI suggest get the army in to sort out these areas, tow way all the cars parked in the way, reroute the buses to go express till decent areas, Create more inner city cross city services so normal honest people don't have to suffer
Increasing housing rents as well as council tax would be enough to shift them up elsewhere.
Век живи - век учись

Gareth

Quote from: Mike K on September 05, 2023, 09:35:49 PMIt's a sad fact that there are a number of no-go areas in Birmingham for those in authority.
No such thing as 'no go areas' and to even suggest such is bordering on dangerous.

Owen

Quote from: Gareth on September 06, 2023, 04:46:32 PMNo such thing as 'no go areas' and to even suggest such is bordering on dangerous.
I'm afraid there is if you research. Look on YouTube Birmingham no go zones for starters. 

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: MW on September 05, 2023, 08:15:42 PMThere's a video going around of 2 parking wardens getting battered in Sparkbrook today. Perhaps they just stay away from certain areas..?

West Midlands Police have arrested three individuals in Halesowen for this incident according the Hall Green Police Inspectors account on Twitter.  Hopefully that will mean some more proactive enforcement of parking of parking and obstruction on Stratford Road and a message that nowhere in the city is a no go area.  Plus should the individuals be charged and convicted, the book is thrown at them, including disqualification from driving which can now be done for non Road Traffic offences.

Dylan4579

Quote from: Gareth on September 06, 2023, 04:46:32 PMNo such thing as 'no go areas' and to even suggest such is bordering on dangerous.
Well what would you call it when enforcement officers can't do their mundane job in broad daylight without being attacked because the local residents don't like it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk