News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Quote from: mesub on March 16, 2023, 01:25:04 PMLooks like the 144A is being extended to QE Hospital via Northfield and Bristol Road and will get a frequency increase to every hour (compared with every 70 minutes). This will be from April 16

https://bromsgrovestandard.co.uk/news/144a-bus-service-to-be-extended-to-northfield-and-birminghams-qe-hospital/
Excellent news. Hopefully,as the report says,there will be a later evening service run too. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Ginger66

Quote from: mesub on March 16, 2023, 01:25:04 PMLooks like the 144A is being extended to QE Hospital via Northfield and Bristol Road and will get a frequency increase to every hour (compared with every 70 minutes). This will be from April 16

https://bromsgrovestandard.co.uk/news/144a-bus-service-to-be-extended-to-northfield-and-birminghams-qe-hospital/
Will it actually happen on the 16/04 if the buses are stil on strike 

cris 99

I would think it should be ok as it's just under a month away fingers crossed it's all over by then 
17//72/73/97/X12

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on March 16, 2023, 02:00:06 PMIf its running alongside the 20, maybe a renumbering to 20A would make sense?
Edgewood Road sees NX buses return to as well, the X20 was withdrawn from there a few years ago.
It is actually going to be the 20 extended to Bromsgrove 

gc802002

Quote from: Tony on March 16, 2023, 04:15:05 PMIt is actually going to be the 20 extended to Bromsgrove
So will it be WB operated all the way to Bromsgrove or will the 20 move to YW? (Or BC?) 

Tony

Quote from: gc802002 on March 16, 2023, 06:02:36 PMSo will it be WB operated all the way to Bromsgrove or will the 20 move to YW? (Or BC?)
Looking like WB

Stu

Quote from: Tony on March 16, 2023, 04:15:05 PMIt is actually going to be the 20 extended to Bromsgrove
A few years ago now on my website, I wrote an "April Fools" article about the WB 48 being extended to Worcester.

With the 20 interworking with the 48, it looks like this has taken one step closer to reality!  :grin:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on March 16, 2023, 06:09:27 PMLooking like WB
West Brom - Londonderry - Bearwood - Harborne - QE - Northfield - Longbridge - Rednal - Rubery - Catshill - Bromsgrove and back is quite some round trip on that rota.

Good to see NX making something of the old 144. 

j789

Quote from: Mike K on March 16, 2023, 07:09:36 PMWest Brom - Londonderry - Bearwood - Harborne - QE - Northfield - Longbridge - Rednal - Rubery - Catshill - Bromsgrove and back is quite some round trip on that rota.

Good to see NX making something of the old 144.
That route goes through fairly decent areas the whole way so I'm sure they won't struggle to find drivers for that rota. Certainly preferable compared to driving down Soho Road for 5 hours. Many drivers pushed First to divert the 144 (when they ran to Brum) via the QE instead of Selly Oak as there certainly is a need for that link from Bromsgrove.

Good chance of success this increasing patronage I'd say from knowing the area pretty well.

All that is needed now is an 'X' route fast to Brum from Bromsgrove via the Rednal and Lickey Hills route, maybe an X20 😜

Stu

I've seen a comment on my Facebook page where someone says there'll be a 20 QE to Bromsgrove, and a 20A QE to Cofton Hackett, does that sound correct?

I see Kevs 19 and 55 already serve Edgewood Road and Leach Green Lane, so I wonder if one or both of those will be amended from the same date.
My locals:

SO6597

This change is great news and will make a big difference to people in North Worcs. NXWM fares have been very much welcomed and can only have helped in attracting passengers.

I wonder whether the route will have a couple of one way systems in place in Rednal as the original X20 did and whether it will still call at Longbridge Station?

Stu

Quote from: SO6597 on March 18, 2023, 08:19:12 AMThis change is great news and will make a big difference to people in North Worcs. NXWM fares have been very much welcomed and can only have helped in attracting passengers.

I wonder whether the route will have a couple of one way systems in place in Rednal as the original X20 did and whether it will still call at Longbridge Station?
According to the Bromsgrove Standard article:
The new-look service will also run along the route of the current 20 (directly along Bristol Road).
From Longbridge (Bristol Road South), buses will journey along Lickey Road, Edgewood Road and Cliff Rock Road (towards Bromsgrove), Leach Green Lane (from Bromsgrove), Leach Green Lane (northern end), New Road and then to the same route as the current 144A between Rubery and Bromsgrove.

I guess the idea is that for passengers travelling from Bromsgrove/Catshill, they can change at Longbridge Island for other buses to Longbridge station.
My locals:

j789

Quote from: Stu on March 18, 2023, 09:56:31 AMAccording to the Bromsgrove Standard article:
The new-look service will also run along the route of the current 20 (directly along Bristol Road).
From Longbridge (Bristol Road South), buses will journey along Lickey Road, Edgewood Road and Cliff Rock Road (towards Bromsgrove), Leach Green Lane (from Bromsgrove), Leach Green Lane (northern end), New Road and then to the same route as the current 144A between Rubery and Bromsgrove.

I guess the idea is that for passengers travelling from Bromsgrove/Catshill, they can change at Longbridge Island for other buses to Longbridge station.

It's a maximum 5 minute walk to the station from the stop opposite Bourneville College so not exactly far for anyone wanting to use the train to Brum rather than the bus. For anyone with mobility issues, as you say, they can just change onto a 27 or 49 at Longbridge Island. 

LiamsTransport1

Just to confirm as a local in the Longbridge Area, The 20 will run to Bromsgrove and a 20A service will run along the current 20 route? Thanks
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

Stu

Quote from: LiamsTransport1 on March 26, 2023, 03:36:21 PMJust to confirm as a local in the Longbridge Area, The 20 will run to Bromsgrove and a 20A service will run along the current 20 route? Thanks
I have heard there will be a 20A continuing to serve Cofton Hackett, but nothing official published yet.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk