News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

4798 is due to come out on the 6 tomorrow starting with a journey at 07:35 from Solihull Station Rd

Quote from: Tony on February 15, 2023, 06:01:40 PM4798 is due to come out on the 6 tomorrow starting with a journey at 07:35 from Solihull Station Rd
Hopefully wiill do 9.45 ex solihull to.
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-e003?date=2023-02-13#
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Tensions are starting to rise it seems...

Yesterday evening, on a crowded Scania on the 3, some guy started mouthing off at a young woman who had moved into the 'spacious' seats by the fire exit that had become available, because he was 'cramped' in the seat he had been sat in (for most of the journey, he then got off two stops later).

Then this evening, on another heavily loaded Scania on the 3, which was running about 15 minutes late, there was an 'altercation' between two people, having an argument about something - I couldn't see what was happening because the front of the bus was crowded, but it was something to do with having to move out of the way to let a woman with a buggy on.

Sorry but its starting to get a bit ridiculous having these Scanias on busy peak-time journeys.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on February 15, 2023, 08:15:16 PMTensions are starting to rise it seems...

Yesterday evening, on a crowded Scania on the 3, some guy started mouthing off at a young woman who had moved into the 'spacious' seats by the fire exit that had become available, because he was 'cramped' in the seat he had been sat in (for most of the journey, he then got off two stops later).

Then this evening, on another heavily loaded Scania on the 3, which was running about 15 minutes late, there was an 'altercation' between two people, having an argument about something - I couldn't see what was happening because the front of the bus was crowded, but it was something to do with having to move out of the way to let a woman with a buggy on.

Sorry but its starting to get a bit ridiculous having these Scanias on busy peak-time journeys.
I was on a double deck platinum the other day full and standing. Man had his bag on a unoccupied seat, someone asked him can they sit down and he responded in an aggressive tone his bags on the seat.
Its not just the buses that are the problem here I think but some of the people themselves. If the seats unoccupied there's no reason why she can't sit down. Some people simply show no respect to other passengers.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on February 15, 2023, 08:39:04 PMI was on a double deck platinum the other day full and standing. Man had his bag on a unoccupied seat, someone asked him can they sit down and he responded in an aggressive tone his bags on the seat.
Its not just the buses that are the problem here I think but some of the people themselves. If the seats unoccupied there's no reason why she can't sit down. Some people simply show no respect to other passengers.
Yes, that has always been a particular bug-bear of mine where ignorant people won't simply put their bags on their laps so that other people can use the seat next to them.

The other bug-bear is that if people stood in the 'standing area' of the bus (and didn't use the fold-down seats) then there would be more room for people to stand, instead of people standing in the narrowest area of the bus (between the front wheels).

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on February 15, 2023, 08:15:16 PMTensions are starting to rise it seems...

I know exactly what you mean, I hope that when the new order of electric double deckers are delivered that they start replacing single deckers because they have them on the 7 quite often now and it's getting silly. 
My prediction is that YW and PB will get a lot of these electric double deckers as these garages already have the infrastructure in place

Tony

4798 is out on its booked running board on the 6 today

Due in City at 08:36; 10:44; 13:48; 16:20; 18:52; 20:50

MasterPlan

27 and 76 down to every hour evenings and Sundays from 26th Feb.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Sh4318

Quote from: MasterPlan on February 16, 2023, 05:09:14 PM27 and 76 down to every hour evenings and Sundays from 26th Feb.
The 76 is down to hourly evenings only. The Sunday daytime frequency is still every 30 minutes
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on February 16, 2023, 05:09:14 PM27 and 76 down to every hour evenings and Sundays from 26th Feb.
27 PDF timetable from 26 Feb on the NXWM website looks wrong. Shows evening journeys from Maypole as terminating at Bournville, Cadbury's, when it should be Northfield (journeys towards Maypole are shown as starting from Northfield). 

GoldenSquid

Will the electroliner be out on Saturday?
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Solo1

4798  left city about 1250  today

Tony

4798 is out today, and it is its last day in service

mesub

Looks like the 144A is being extended to QE Hospital via Northfield and Bristol Road and will get a frequency increase to every hour (compared with every 70 minutes). This will be from April 16

https://bromsgrovestandard.co.uk/news/144a-bus-service-to-be-extended-to-northfield-and-birminghams-qe-hospital/
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Quote from: mesub on March 16, 2023, 01:25:04 PMLooks like the 144A is being extended to QE Hospital via Northfield and Bristol Road and will get a frequency increase to every hour (compared with every 70 minutes). This will be from April 16

https://bromsgrovestandard.co.uk/news/144a-bus-service-to-be-extended-to-northfield-and-birminghams-qe-hospital/
If its running alongside the 20, maybe a renumbering to 20A would make sense?
Edgewood Road sees NX buses return to as well, the X20 was withdrawn from there a few years ago.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk