News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2023, 06:25:18 PMWatch out for a second 4798 from Next week! Wrights Electroliner demonstrator LY71 GJE will be back, due to arrive at YW tomorrow this time it will carry fleetnumber 4798 and be used in normal service on the 6. It will take a few days to fit ticket machines and other NX essential kit along with driver type training so don't go looking for it on the Stratford Road for a few days
I presume that this means NX are either considering purchasing some of these following the previous demonstration, or it is on trial again for further evaluation and comparison before committing to buy?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

CL

It's been confirmed; Electroliners will form part of the new order of 300 new buses due by the end of next year.

I'd suspect for driver training/familiarisation.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stu

Curious journey into Birmingham this afternoon!

Walked up to Billesley Common and boarded 6943 on the 2. Nothing unusual at this point, other than being a couple of minutes early.

The bus then pulled up at the St Agnes Road stop to wait time for a couple of minutes, but then the NSA announced this was a '3 to Birmingham'. Don't know at this point if the destination displays had changed as well.
My locals:

Trident 4194

76s were a mess this afternoon. 4775 which I caught ended up 20 minutes late in kings Heath and was being followed by 460* on the 76 which according to bus times was ontime (was showing as only doing as far as yardley wood on destination blinds however.
Seen an omnilink also on 76E by QE about 16:00

MasterPlan

That always seems to happen when the destination is changed on the display @Stu
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 11, 2023, 06:50:23 PM76s were a mess this afternoon. 4775 which I caught ended up 20 minutes late in kings Heath and was being followed by 460* on the 76 which according to bus times was ontime (was showing as only doing as far as yardley wood on destination blinds however.
Seen an omnilink also on 76E by QE about 16:00
The 76 has been a mess for sometime due to the constant roadworks in Stirchley.
My locals:

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on February 11, 2023, 07:48:12 PMThat always seems to happen when the destination is changed on the display @Stu

But I don't understand why the driver changed from the 2 to the 3 mid-route to Birmingham while he was running on time!
My locals:

Quote from: Stu on February 11, 2023, 08:25:27 PMBut I don't understand why the driver changed from the 2 to the 3 mid-route to Birmingham while he was running on time!
It likely leaves Birmingham as a 3 on its way out. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on February 11, 2023, 08:29:47 PMIt likely leaves Birmingham as a 3 on its way out.
Which it did, I heard the NSA change to "3 to Yardley Wood" after we passed Birmingham Coach Station.

But why change it halfway along the route in Moseley while operating as the 2?
My locals:

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on February 11, 2023, 08:25:27 PMBut I don't understand why the driver changed from the 2 to the 3 mid-route to Birmingham while he was running on time!

I have seen it happen before. I remember one time an X21 towards City changed to an X20 at Uni Station!
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

mesub

QuoteIt likely leaves Birmingham as a 3 on its way out.

I watched it happen last Friday on the 23 in Harborne. Driver suddenly decided it was time to change it to 24!

23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

dw1308

I remember a few years ago when the 2/3 used to go down Bradford Street as soon as they got to the old pub at camp Hill circus the driver used to change the blinds for their journey out of city which usually was a swap onto the other route depending on the running board

Trident 4194

Is 4798 used on weekends? And does it have an end date 

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 14, 2023, 10:35:24 PMIs 4798 used on weekends? And does it have an end date
Not sure its even entered service yet. I've not seen it and seen no mention of it being out either.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CL

The new prospective date is this Thursday.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk