News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wright liberator

Just wondering how many Euro 6 Alx400 dennis tridents are at Yardley Wood ? & how aren't of 45.. at YW

6899 apparent arson on the YW 50. Fire at rear top deck.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

QuoteJust wondering how many Euro 6 Alx400 dennis tridents are at Yardley Wood ? & how aren't of 45.. at YW
4590 and all the 46xx are euro 6

monkeyjoe

Quote from: 2206 on December 15, 2022, 04:16:09 PM6899 apparent arson on the YW 50. Fire at rear top deck.
Let's hope they can prosecute 

samuel derrington

Hi @Tony is 1908 doing any trips on the 2 today please 

Jack

@mesub, Tridents aren't noteworthy on the 6.

mesub

Quote@mesub, Tridents aren't noteworthy on the 6.

Why not?

It's a platinum route (in this case it's allocated the E400EVs or MMCs).

I've also just checked the spreadsheet and nowhere does it list a trident.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Jack

Quote from: mesub on December 21, 2022, 12:40:47 PMWhy not?

It's a platinum route (in this case it's allocated the E400EVs or MMCs).

I've also just checked the spreadsheet and nowhere does it list a trident.
E400's and Tridents aren't rare, Euro 6 buses on a Euro 6 route. They are common during the evenings and it's not a rare occurrence to see them during the day either.

Stu

Quote from: Jack on December 21, 2022, 12:33:02 PM@mesub, Tridents aren't noteworthy on the 6.
Quote from: Jack on December 21, 2022, 02:17:32 PME400's and Tridents aren't rare, Euro 6 buses on a Euro 6 route. They are common during the evenings and it's not a rare occurrence to see them during the day either.
As someone who is regularly on the Stratford Road, I will politely disagree with you.

The booked allocation for the 6 are the BYD E400EVs, and if any are not available then the E400MMCs are used.

From my own observations and experiences, Tridents, E400s and OmniLinks are still noteworthy on this route.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Quote from: markcf83 on December 30, 2022, 03:36:25 PMAlso BCT liveried Enviro 4722 on route 2, though I believe it normally sees use on that and the 3.
Enviro400s are fairly common on the 2 and 3. To be honest, those routes get all types of vehicle at YW used, the eCitaro demonstrator used last week was the most noteworthy working on those routes this year!
My locals:

Stu

Quote from: Tony on December 30, 2022, 02:02:28 PM4923; 4926 YW-BC
Quote from: Tony on December 30, 2022, 02:59:28 PM1909; 1948 PB-YW
Oh great, more Omnilinks! :shocked:

By my estimation, YW already has far more single decks than it actually needs - I was actually hoping that some of the older Scanias elsewhere might start to be withdrawn, which would see those at YW cascaded out to replace them.

More hope than anything really, I'm sure there are good operational reasons for these moves!
My locals:

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stu on December 30, 2022, 07:16:49 PMOh great, more Omnilinks! :shocked:

By my estimation, YW already has far more single decks than it actually needs - I was actually hoping that some of the older Scanias elsewhere might start to be withdrawn, which would see those at YW cascaded out to replace them.

More hope than anything really, I'm sure there are good operational reasons for these moves!
Nothing, except no bus at all, is more disappointing than waiting 30 minutes for the 2/3 only for a full omnilink to show up.

Stu

Quote from: Ronnoc on December 30, 2022, 07:40:36 PMNothing, except no bus at all, is more disappointing than waiting 30 minutes for the 2/3 only for a full omnilink to show up.
Oh I know that feeling oh so well! :undecided:

I've had full double decks sail past me in recent weeks, not helped by certain journeys being missed out. The gaps in service on the 6 haven't helped, with passengers piling onto the 2 and 3 from city centre just to get to Sparkbrook (Aldi).

I fully appreciate the whole driver shortage situation, but matters aren't helped when a single deck Omnilink is expected to cope with the increased number of passengers when the previous 2/3 journey hasn't operated.
My locals:

4609 RTC with a Landflight bus in Solihull Town Centre this morning. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Stu on December 30, 2022, 08:26:31 PMI've had full double decks sail past me in recent weeks, not helped by certain journeys being missed out. The gaps in service on the 6 haven't helped, with passengers piling onto the 2 and 3 from city centre just to get to Sparkbrook (Aldi).

I fully appreciate the whole driver shortage situation, but matters aren't helped when a single deck Omnilink is expected to cope with the increased number of passengers when the previous 2/3 journey hasn't operated.
Doesn't seem to be journeys missed out now, just some late running due to awful traffic congestion.

Still, the increased number of OmniLinks being used on the 2 and 3 since the start of the year is making for some uncomfortable peak-time journeys.

1933 sailed past me on the 3 at 17:55, ten minutes late and rammed solid. I didn't fancy waiting any longer in the rain as I'd already waited around ten minutes for that one, so I got on 6703 on the 5 which followed shortly after, that was running 15 minutes late, and while quite full I was at least able to get a seat upstairs.

I know that YW have more single-decks than they actually need, and they need to be used somewhere, but if NX are going to continue to use these as the main allocation on the 2 and 3, then they need to add some extra peak-time journeys to the timetable. Or do something about the reliability of the 6 - while I was waiting in vain for that 3, three buses on the 6 were following each other towards city centre - I don't blame people waiting in city centre wanting to get to Sparkbrook or Sparkhill piling on to the first bus that comes, but it ends up with people like me wanting to travel further being left behind further down the route.
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk