News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

That's one good looking vehicle!

Busmapper

Tony, fao YW maintenance - 6944 upper saloon near side rear opening window annoyingly rattling, the main pane below opener would benefit from being reseated/resealed

Stu

Quote from: Twm 1990S on September 23, 2022, 05:23:19 PMYW E009 on 144A

Probably one of the most 'unusual' unusual workings of the year!

Some might say "what a waste of a perfectly good double decker". :rolleyes:

On the other hand, a good opportunity to try out an electric bus on a different type of route to gather some invaluable operational data.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MasterPlan

Has any decision been made on the long-term future of the 144A yet?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 23, 2022, 08:12:58 PMHas any decision been made on the long-term future of the 144A yet?

That was actually another question I was going to pose!

The contract was only for an initial six months, so I make it due to expire in early November, as it began from 3rd May this year.

I've only ever travelled on it the once, so I don't know what regular loadings are like.
My locals:

j789

Quote from: Stu on September 23, 2022, 08:27:49 PMThat was actually another question I was going to pose!

The contract was only for an initial six months, so I make it due to expire in early November, as it began from 3rd May this year.

I've only ever travelled on it the once, so I don't know what regular loadings are like.
From a number of Bromsgrove residents, I have heard positive comments about the NXWM service, albeit wishing for a more frequent service.

Whilst it would be nice for a service through to Birmingham to return, looking at the local services around Rubery and Longbridge (and also particularly those routes run by YW), I think the 49 could be a decent shout to be extended to cover the 144A from Rubery.

The current 15 min frequency to Rubery from Solihull could be maintained with every second bus running on to Bromsgrove via the 144 route to give an every 30 minutes frequency which I do think is financially feasible for that section of the route.

I can't imagine there has ever been a route between Bromsgrove and Solihull, even with those crazy routes Midland Red ran back in the day, but it's certainly a possibility.

the trainbasher

To be honest, I'm surprised it hadn't been merged into either the Pershore Road services (maybe as a hourly extension to the 45 or 47)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

GoldenSquid

I'd say if they took the 144A into Birmingham, gave it the platinum treatment, and made it go to a heavily limited stop between Longbridge and Birmingham (kind of like how the X51 is).
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

mesub

4775 (CV) is on the 18 if anyone wants it.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Quote from: mesub on October 06, 2022, 03:16:01 PM4775 (CV) is on the 18 if anyone wants it.
I saw one on Blossomfield Road this morning. On the 49 or 76 I think. Probably 4776.
4907 was there about 15 - 20 minutes prior.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ronnoc

Saw 4549(?) being towed on Stratford Road towards Town earlier today. Any ideas where it was going?

Tony

QuoteSaw 4549(?) being towed on Stratford Road towards Town earlier today. Any ideas where it was going?
BC for engine and gearbox to be removed for reuse

Bethhart2022

Does anyone know if 4775 and 4776 is out thanks 

Stu

Quote from: AGPlaysMC on December 11, 2022, 09:57:31 AME018 - YW3
Not at all noteworthy, the EVs are commonly used on the 2 and 3 on Sundays.
My locals:

Solo1

Quote from: Stu on December 11, 2022, 10:28:28 AMNot at all noteworthy, the EVs are commonly used on the 2 and 3 on Sundays.
They have used them on the 3 think it was a weekday or Saturday 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk