News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Tony on July 05, 2022, 08:13:02 PMYes, An Inspector was sent to the scene to free the stuck buses, but the police refused to allow them to be moved. Luckily (not for the drivers involved) a couple were due to change drivers at the outer, so YW were able to give the relief drivers a different bus so the service wasn't four buses missing.

The inspector did fully inform us what had happened and why the bus couldn't continue in service, and personally I didn't feel his apology was necessary, it was pretty evident to anyone who used their own eyes!

I found out later from BusTimes that E012 shown in my photo was actually returning 'dead' back to garage after completing one trip on the 6 into Birmingham. But as I stated, while there's not much that can be done about such situations, I can sympathise with the bus operators having four vehicles stuck somewhere that can't be moved.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

A visitor is on the way to Yardley Wood, due to arrive this afternoon and stay for a few weeks 

Stu

Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2022, 10:43:24 AMA visitor is on the way to Yardley Wood, due to arrive this afternoon and stay for a few weeks 
I can't quite tell from your picture, looks like a Wright Electroliner demonstrator?

Any chance of it being used in service, or is it just there for engineering testing/evaluation?
My locals:

Tony

QuoteI can't quite tell from your picture, looks like a Wright Electroliner demonstrator?

Any chance of it being used in service, or is it just there for engineering testing/evaluation?
It is the Wrights Electroliner Demonstrator. It won't be used in service but it will be about following other buses around in service to check the efficiency of it

Stu

Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2022, 03:19:18 PMIt is the Wrights Electroliner Demonstrator. It won't be used in service but it will be about following other buses around in service to check the efficiency of it
Thanks for the info, I guess I miss the days when demonstrators would be used on public services!

I guess its always good to keep options open, I know you've said that NX have been pretty impressed with the Hydroliners, but I bet the BYD Enviro400EVs are going to be a tough act to beat?
My locals:

Tony

It has arrived now

bususer28

Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2022, 05:03:42 PMIt has arrived now

Caught it driving around Maypole Island at about 11 this morning. Pretty impressive!

Tony

QuoteCaught it driving around Maypole Island at about 11 this morning. Pretty impressive!
That was me taking it out for a spin to get used to it. Absolutely fabulous vehicle to drive.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on August 15, 2022, 06:14:05 PMThat was me taking it out for a spin to get used to it. Absolutely fabulous vehicle to drive.
The specs look impressive, Wrightbus claim it can do up to 200 miles on a full charge, and it only takes 2.5 hours to charge up.

How does it compare to the BYD EVs?
My locals:

Tony

QuoteThe specs look impressive, Wrightbus claim it can do up to 200 miles on a full charge, and it only takes 2.5 hours to charge up.

Personal opinion: Much nicer bus for the driver. I drove it for 16 miles today and used 6% of the batteries, that was all low speed city driving, but no bus stops, so 200 miles does look feasible

karl724223

Is it tracking on bustimes yet ? 😂

BBS

QuoteThe specs look impressive, Wrightbus claim it can do up to 200 miles on a full charge, and it only takes 2.5 hours to charge up.

If that's correct, it's a excellent choice for cross city routes 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Tony

QuoteIf that's correct, it's a excellent choice for cross city routes
What difference does it make for cross city routes?

BBS

QuoteWhat difference does it make for cross city routes?
Cross city routes must be somehow long. So if a bus on full charge can do 200 miles that would be great 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Tony

QuoteCross city routes must be somehow long. So if a bus on full charge can do 200 miles that would be great
length of the route doesn't make any difference because the bus will just do less trips. It is the average speed of a route that makes the difference

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk