News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Carolean Coaches, Willenhall

Started by Westy, February 02, 2024, 06:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Quote from: Stu on February 28, 2024, 08:08:45 PMNo, it's not a 'free bus service'.

I would imagine that most of the passengers who use this service are pass-holders anyway (concessionary or otherwise).

Even in the absence of a Ticketer, they can still accept cash for single journeys surely.

Had anybody been on there service or are people just guessing sat at home watching vegweb

hlliwmai

Quote from: karl724223 on February 28, 2024, 08:40:25 PMHad anybody been on there service or are people just guessing sat at home watching vegweb

@karl724223 – yes I travelled on it a couple of weeks ago, BUT I genuinely didn't notice whether or not the driver was taking fares or not but off the top of my head I don't believe he was 

B7RLE

Quote from: Stu on February 28, 2024, 08:08:45 PMNo, it's not a 'free bus service'.

I would imagine that most of the passengers who use this service are pass-holders anyway (concessionary or otherwise).

Even in the absence of a Ticketer, they can still accept cash for single journeys surely.

I wasn't paying too much attention so I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing a single person pay on Tuesday when I rode the 19

BlackCountryBusSpotter

That's what I am saying I don't think if it is free if it was it would be reported in the local press although given Carolean wasn't mentioned to be taking over the 19 I doubt they would bother now reporting it
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Wba_lad

Quote from: karl724223 on February 28, 2024, 08:40:25 PMHad anybody been on there service or are people just guessing sat at home watching vegweb
ive been on the service before, ive also been in walsall when the 19 was loading up and the driver was just waving everyone on board. not even checking if they had a ticket or inteded on buying a ticket. this is why i think there is going to be friction when they start charging.

MW

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 29, 2024, 04:27:44 PMive been on the service before, ive also been in walsall when the 19 was loading up and the driver was just waving everyone on board. not even checking if they had a ticket or inteded on buying a ticket. this is why i think there is going to be friction when they start charging.

Could put a positive spin on it. Special introductory offer, to attract passengers.

Wba_lad

Quote from: MW on February 29, 2024, 05:14:27 PMCould put a positive spin on it. Special introductory offer, to attract passengers.
yeah maybe, but some of the kids on the route are horrible, get asked to pay they will smash the windows on the buses or worse just punch the driver as not all their buses have assult screens fitted.

Westy

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 29, 2024, 05:26:01 PMyeah maybe, but some of the kids on the route are horrible, get asked to pay they will smash the windows on the buses or worse just punch the driver as not all their buses have assult screens fitted.
From reports elsewhere, looks like they're concentrating on the 29 at the moment!

MW

Quote from: Westy on February 29, 2024, 08:58:18 PMFrom reports elsewhere, looks like they're concentrating on the 29 at the moment!

Maybe Carolean have reached out to the ringleader... 👀

No, I'm just speculating.

Have any of their vehicles been attacked?

Westy

Quote from: MW on February 29, 2024, 09:51:49 PMMaybe Carolean have reached out to the ringleader... 👀

Unless anyone else knows, no reports.

At the moment, I'm putting it down to the nights gradually getting longer.

(Unless you're down Slacky Lane, then you have the cover of the canal bridge!)

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: MW on February 29, 2024, 09:51:49 PMMaybe Carolean have reached out to the ringleader... 👀

Doesn't seem to be the case, before the 29 diverted the other night Blakenall had quietened down with it's ASB. Maybe when Carolean increase the Service back to nights although they have reinstated services after the original curfew of about 3PM it might happen when say the service runs to 6/7PM as that's usually when the 29 gets attacked
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Uptight

Noticed on Saturday that Carolean buses finally have Ticketer ETMs. However there was a piece of paper over the display above the scanner which if I had to guess probably said that the machines weren't working yet.

Wba_lad

Carolean have a new depot in bescot now, I seen some of their buses and coaches parked there the other day. However buses still have legals as Darlaston. They have a new enviro 200 from vision bus on Friday I seen it still with vision bus logos on and their legals on. Reg is (YY64 GWC) this had paper blinds and paper legals with their new bescot legals. 

Uptight

QuoteCarolean have a new depot in bescot now, I seen some of their buses and coaches parked there the other day. However buses still have legals as Darlaston. They have a new enviro 200 from vision bus on Friday I seen it still with vision bus logos on and their legals on. Reg is (YY64 GWC) this had paper blinds and paper legals with their new bescot legals.
An ex igo bus back in the West Midlands!

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Wba_lad on April 01, 2024, 07:53:09 PMCarolean have a new depot in bescot now, I seen some of their buses and coaches parked there the other day. However buses still have legals as Darlaston. They have a new enviro 200 from vision bus on Friday I seen it still with vision bus logos on and their legals on. Reg is (YY64 GWC) this had paper blinds and paper legals with their new bescot legals.

Just seen it in Walsall. Still has Vision Bus logos on, but blinds are working.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk