News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Route 20 QE Hospital to Bromsgrove, increased passenger numbers

Started by Steve3229vp, July 18, 2023, 07:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Straightlines on July 19, 2023, 08:50:08 PMCan't see this bringing a six figure turnover increase to the 20 that it would need to sustain extra PVR!
The BC 25 also used to serve that Harborne Road to QE link until recently albeit infrequency. Don't think it saw much use.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

j789

Quote from: Straightlines on July 19, 2023, 08:50:08 PMCan't see this bringing a six figure turnover increase to the 20 that it would need to sustain extra PVR!
Perhaps but with adjustments to the 23/24 routes running along the same stretch of road possibly a bus could be saved off those routes and put on the 20 instead.

The fact is there are a good number of potential Bromsgrove to Birmingham passengers - I drove the 144 many times and pre-covid the route was very popular. A little bit of imagination could tap into this again, the train station in Bromsgrove is very badly situated for half the town so the bus is a viable alternative.

Stu

The 20 is an hourly service, in its current form with some subsidy from WCC it is presumably cost-effective to run, it would probably need to see some significant passenger number increase before extending it further becomes an option.

Passengers travelling from Bromsgrove who intend to carry on to the city centre can always change onto the more frequent 45, 47, 61 and 63 services at Longbridge as it is.

It might be inconvenient to some to have to change buses, but you can't always get a direct bus to where you want to go.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Stu on July 23, 2023, 08:03:35 PMThe 20 is an hourly service, in its current form with some subsidy from WCC it is presumably cost-effective to run, it would probably need to see some significant passenger number increase before extending it further becomes an option.

I would agree.  The service efficiently interworks with the 48, so I too imagine that a dramatic increase in usage would be needed before a change was considered.

As for increased usage, I wonder if this is due to a low route number (20 is easier to remember than 144A), double deckers (not otherwise seen in Bromsgrove) and the operator being more familiar - compared to First - to potential users from Rubery northwards. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk