News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Sprint

Started by bususer28, January 27, 2021, 06:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

Quote from: Tony on February 01, 2021, 11:48:48 AM
That is what is happening

But the cost of all the consultations and work on the sprint identity etc. must be far higher than simply putting the new lanes in with minimal consultation.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Tony

You can't put bus lanes in without consultation

l.murphy123

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2021, 06:51:33 AM
You can't put bus lanes in without consultation

I said *minimal* consultation rather than a consultation on what colour to use, what logo, what type of bus etc etc. whatever has been involved with Sprint.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Tony

Quote from: l.murphy123 on February 03, 2021, 03:10:00 PM
I said *minimal* consultation rather than a consultation on what colour to use, what logo, what type of bus etc etc. whatever has been involved with Sprint.

So which bit of the bus lane consultation could have been avoided to make it minimal?

DJ

Quote from: l.murphy123 on February 03, 2021, 03:10:00 PM

Branding, such as the colour scheme and logo, plays an integral part in attracting customers. If the goal is to draw people out of their cars and onto Sprint, they need something attractive that will do that. Sure, a consultation will cost money and time, but there's a good chance it'll pay off.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Bob

Quote from: Tony on February 02, 2021, 05:52:26 PM
Why would you want a route that long? over 50km so would come under
EU driving rules amongst other reasons not to

Would they still apply though? With Brexit?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on February 05, 2021, 09:30:46 AM
Would they still apply though? With Brexit?

Yes, UK government won't relax anything that could affect safety, there would be uproar after the first accident

Bob

Quote from: Tony on February 05, 2021, 09:33:55 AM
Yes, UK government won't relax anything that could affect safety, there would be uproar after the first accident

Do you think NXWM will still persevere with a service to Cannock Tony?

Bob

I cant fault the X51, its been a brilliant service!

Bus Man K2

the X51 can be a very well used service. I personally think it might say, but nothing can be certain... 😁 Also Awhrn I travelled on it I thnk it wasnt to well used.. Yes you'd get the usually passenger between Birmingham and Walsall but then between Walsall & Cannock it was a dit dead.. maybe it depends on the time of day you travel!! 😁

I this the Sprint route is a good idea.. As it eould mean that there's a through service to Solihull from Walsall, much like what was sugested in another topic about the cross city routes possibly the 82/87 & 50.

It'll all come out in the was so to speak!!! 😁

Bob

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 10, 2021, 12:22:46 PM
the X51 can be a very well used service. I personally think it might say, but nothing can be certain... 😁 Also Awhrn I travelled on it I thnk it wasnt to well used.. Yes you'd get the usually passenger between Birmingham and Walsall but then between Walsall & Cannock it was a dit dead.. maybe it depends on the time of day you travel!! 😁

I this the Sprint route is a good idea.. As it eould mean that there's a through service to Solihull from Walsall, much like what was sugested in another topic about the cross city routes possibly the 82/87 & 50.

Bopefully post covid the Cannock to Walsall bit will pick up. Doesnt look like the 1 is ever coming back

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Bob on February 10, 2021, 12:51:10 PM
Bopefully post covid the Cannock to Walsall bit will pick up. Doesnt look like the 1 is ever coming back

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on February 10, 2021, 12:22:46 PM

This was way before the First lockdown last March.

:D

Does anyone know what route will Sprint take in the city centre when passing through from either side of the city?

Stu

Quote from: :D on February 14, 2021, 07:27:26 AM
Does anyone know what route will Sprint take in the city centre when passing through from either side of the city?

I don't know to be honest, but it is an interesting question.

Towards Walsall, it would appear straight-forward, coming into city via current X1/X2 route but instead of terminating on Moor Street Queensway, continue up Carrs Lane and on to Lower Bull Street, to then pick up the X51 route.

This would be fine if Sprint uses Platinum buses, I don't know how well any articulated bus would handle those turns!

Towards Solihull, it would be a bit tricky and I can't see any way it can arrive in city via the X51 route to then pickup from the current X1/X2 stop, which would presumably be desired, unless that stop is relocated across the road.

So my guess is that it would arrive via the current X51 route onto Moor Street Queensway, then continue along past Moor Street station to pickup the X1/X2 route.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on February 14, 2021, 09:49:25 AM
I don't know to be honest, but it is an interesting question.

Towards Walsall, it would appear straight-forward, coming into city via current X1/X2 route but instead of terminating on Moor Street Queensway, continue up Carrs Lane and on to Lower Bull Street, to then pick up the X51 route.

This would be fine if Sprint uses Platinum buses, I don't know how well any articulated bus would handle those turns!

Towards Solihull, it would be a bit tricky and I can't see any way it can arrive in city via the X51 route to then pickup from the current X1/X2 stop, which would presumably be desired, unless that stop is relocated across the road.

So my guess is that it would arrive via the current X51 route onto Moor Street Queensway, then continue along past Moor Street station to pickup the X1/X2 route.
I thought Sprint was replacing the 51 and X51 shorts to Walsall with the X51's still running to and from Cannock, just as the X1 still running to and Coventry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk