News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VELO 2019

Started by Brummie45, April 07, 2019, 06:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brummie45

Might be of interest to some, VELO 2019 takes place May 12th. There will be major route changes to services in Birmingham.

Some routes affected are 14, 55, 94, 96, 97, X12, X70. No buses will serve Chelmsley Wood until after 10.30am.

55, 96, X12 will terminate at Kingshurst
97 will terminate Garretts Green
14 will terminate Lea Village
94 will terminate Arran Way and will start from Lundy View.
X70 will terminate Harvester in Coleshill

X1 will operate to Coventry via Stratford Road, Warwick Road and Dovehouse Lane.

Full details of other changes are on Network West Midlands website.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

Stevo

I'm riding in it - I must be mad!

Gareth

This looks completely different to last year then? Wasn't it the Other side of the City? Hagley Road etc?

Westy

Quote from: Stevo on April 07, 2019, 08:09:49 PM
I'm riding in it - I must be mad!

So is Mary Rhodes from Midlands Today, according to her Twitter!

Quote from: Gareth on April 08, 2019, 09:23:59 AM
This looks completely different to last year then? Wasn't it the Other side of the City? Hagley Road etc?
Yes it was in 09/17. It didn't happen last year.
But this year it will leave Birmingham along the Coventry Road, going left towards Chelmsley at Brays Road, then through Coventry and Warwickshire, coming back into Birmingham, through Quinton and Edgbaston (it'll be going down Augustus Road, Harborne Road, Highfield Road, Calthorpe Road, St James Road Wheeleys Road).
So both East and West Birmingham this year.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

NX West Midlands now have more details on how services will be affected:
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/velo-birmingham-diversions-

Some interesting opportunites for photographing buses in unusual locations, such as the X1 and X2 operating along the Stratford Road and Warwick Road through Acocks Green.

The diversion for the 9 doesn't make sense though, unless they mean Bleakhouse Road instead of Bristnall Hall Lane.  ???
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sandy Lane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk