News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Carolean Coaches, Willenhall

Started by Westy, February 02, 2024, 06:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Interesting tweet from Safer Travel WM with an accompanying letter.

Seems they've forgotten that NX haven't run the 19 for quite some time!

https://twitter.com/ST_Police/status/1755601284877758486

(Posted this on the 29 vandalism post as it refers to the 29 too)
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

andyh

Running of route 19 started today with YX11 AEO saw it leaving Fastline's yard to take up 10.00 start from Walsall bus station.Also in yard former Panther Travel AS09 PAN (LJ09KPT).

YX11 AEO | Today (Sunday 11th Feb) saw the start of Carolean... | Flickr

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: andyh on February 11, 2024, 10:54:29 AMRunning of route 19 started today with YX11 AEO saw it leaving Fastline's yard to take up 10.00 start from Walsall bus station.Also in yard former Panther Travel AS09 PAN (LJ09KPT).

YX11 AEO | Today (Sunday 11th Feb) saw the start of Carolean... | Flickr

Fastline are based in Pleck, Carloean's depot is listed as Darlaston any link between the two or are they just using this as storage. As whenever I have past Fastline's depot they do sometimes have other coaches in the yard.
First Impressions, Bus is in a livery and has there name and legals on it better than Travel Express, Driver and Second Driver possibly are in a Uniform and have Hi Vi's Jackets on, there isn't any fare information that I could see but so far they don't look like a cowboy Operator. Will be interesting to see if they do get a livery either this Blue Livery or something else.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

hlliwmai

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 11, 2024, 11:57:29 AMFastline are based in Pleck, Carloean's depot is listed as Darlaston any link between the two or are they just using this as storage. As whenever I have past Fastline's depot they do sometimes have other coaches in the yard.
First Impressions, Bus is in a livery and has there name and legals on it better than Travel Express, Driver and Second Driver possibly are in a Uniform and have Hi Vi's Jackets on, there isn't any fare information that I could see but so far they don't look like a cowboy Operator. Will be interesting to see if they do get a livery either this Blue Livery or something else.

that blue is Vision Bus livery and plus I've noted there is no ticket machine thus they are not tracking; oh and there running early me & my partner witnessed it leaving Bloxwich 4 mins early it was supposed of departed at 13:30 but he chose to leave 4 mins early and he was back in Walsall early too

Michael Bevan

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 11, 2024, 11:57:29 AMFastline are based in Pleck, Carloean's depot is listed as Darlaston any link between the two or are they just using this as storage. As whenever I have past Fastline's depot they do sometimes have other coaches in the yard.

Had a ride on YX11 AEO earlier. Seemed alright to fair. Whilst the vehicle may still be in Vision Bus colours, it has logos on which clearly state the company name. Drivers have uniform and hi-vizs.

Only negative points I would say are that the vehicles currently have no ticket machines at the moment nor any assault screen.

Regarding the fleet, I've been told they have x2 ex Vision Bus E200's, so I'm guessing that ex Panther Travel E200 would mean they have three.

It is only the first day though, so we will see how things go. But it is good to see new operators giving bus work a go in the West Midlands.

hlliwmai

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 11, 2024, 02:19:05 PMHad a ride on YX11 AEO earlier. Seemed alright to fair. Whilst the vehicle may still be in Vision Bus colours, it has logos on which clearly state the company name. Drivers have uniform and hi-vizs.

Only negative points I would say are that the vehicles currently have no ticket machines at the moment nor any assault screen.

Regarding the fleet, I've been told they have x2 ex Vision Bus E200's, so I'm guessing that ex Panther Travel E200 would mean they have three.

It is only the first day though, so we will see how things go. But it is good to see new operators giving bus work a go in the West Midlands.

@Michael Bevan I 100% agree it's refreshing to see a this new operator giving service work a crack unlike the usual operators hopefully this company does well and hopefully manages to get other work 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 11, 2024, 02:11:06 PMthat blue is Vision Bus livery and plus I've noted there is no ticket machine thus they are not tracking; oh and there running early me & my partner witnessed it leaving Bloxwich 4 mins early it was supposed of departed at 13:30 but he chose to leave 4 mins early and he was back in Walsall early too
4 minutes early if he has no Ticket machine might be a fast watch or something. When they do get Ticket Machines then they should be Able to keep to time
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Do they have two buses out today being a normal Weekday timetable. And are they still using the Fastline yard on Wednesbury Road or are the actually going to be using Heath Lane 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 11, 2024, 02:19:05 PMHad a ride on YX11 AEO earlier. Seemed alright to fair. Whilst the vehicle may still be in Vision Bus colours, it has logos on which clearly state the company name. Drivers have uniform and hi-vizs.

Following on from my post the other day, I had a ride on YX11 AEE to Bloxwich this morning. Much better than AEO the other day. Cab assault screen was evident, working CCTV is shown on the vehicle and to top it off I had a nice/happy driver who was telling me the service has apparently been quite busy over the last couple of days (which I can believe as 16 people boarded the service which I caught on Sunday)!

hlliwmai

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 13, 2024, 07:53:59 AMFollowing on from my post the other day, I had a ride on YX11 AEE to Bloxwich this morning. Much better than AEO the other day. Cab assault screen was evident, working CCTV is shown on the vehicle and to top it off I had a nice/happy driver who was telling me the service has apparently been quite busy over the last couple of days (which I can believe as 16 people boarded the service which I caught on Sunday)!

it's all good at the moment Michael but when they start having windows smashed I'm sure drivers opinions will change then; it was like when Chaserider took it on all of the drivers some being ex Arriva; Diamond and NX who have driven the route prior knew what to expect; although there were others that didn't

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 13, 2024, 09:26:23 AMit's all good at the moment Michael but when they start having windows smashed I'm sure drivers opinions will change then; it was like when Chaserider took it on all of the drivers some being ex Arriva; Diamond and NX who have driven the route prior knew what to expect; although there were others that didn't
The Yobs are a bit busy in Beechdale at the moment, but they may remain happy as they are taking on a route and maybe despite the ASB are happy to provide a community service. If these do withdraw, it will not only possibly put the company at risk they only operate this route. Unless they find other work but will mean a community looses it's bus service. Yes the 29 exists but the 19 covers parts the 29 doesn't and vice Versa. Hopefully they have had Prior warning from some of the community what to expect. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Westy

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 13, 2024, 12:13:19 PMThe Yobs are a bit busy in Beechdale at the moment, but they may remain happy as they are taking on a route and maybe despite the ASB are happy to provide a community service. If these do withdraw, it will not only possibly put the company at risk they only operate this route. Unless they find other work but will mean a community looses it's bus service. Yes the 29 exists but the 19 covers parts the 29 doesn't and vice Versa. Hopefully they have had Prior warning from some of the community what to expect.
Well, if he's previously operated in the area, as previously mentioned, or reads the newspapers, then you'd thought he'd have a fair idea what to expect.

You'd like to think TfWM would've officially briefed them with what's what?

Jack

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 13, 2024, 07:53:59 AMFollowing on from my post the other day, I had a ride on YX11 AEE to Bloxwich this morning. Much better than AEO the other day. Cab assault screen was evident, working CCTV is shown on the vehicle and to top it off I had a nice/happy driver who was telling me the service has apparently been quite busy over the last couple of days (which I can believe as 16 people boarded the service which I caught on Sunday)!
I'm sure the regulars are more than happy they have a company who aren't finishing early again too!

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on February 13, 2024, 01:53:31 PMWell, if he's previously operated in the area, as previously mentioned, or reads the newspapers, then you'd thought he'd have a fair idea what to expect.

You'd like to think TfWM would've officially briefed them with what's what?
But when he last Operated In the area was the Vandalism as bad was it targeted more at NX buses than now just any bus. I certainly didn't hear as often as I do about buses being attacked. Darlaston Specifically Rough Hay on the 334 (34) and Herberts Park on the 339 (39) seemed to be bad for having buses attacked. It doesn't happen now a days. Beechdale always had a reputation, Lodge Farm which now sees the 41 get attacked I've been through loads of times never been attacked so that is a new trend. Blakenall has always had a reputation but I don't know if it was bad for buses being attacked back in the old 329 days back when A2Z ran. But hopefully he does know and has prepared his drivers. They do have a spare bus so that is a sign they are prepared, I do think they need 1 more just in case as on the 29 a B7 could get attacked, the replacement E200 then gets attacked before say an E400 goes onto the diversion route
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

hlliwmai

Quote from: Jack on February 13, 2024, 04:08:38 PMI'm sure the regulars are more than happy they have a company who aren't finishing early again too!

Chaserider had there reasons for doing that how many times do you need to be told that! 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk