News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

man on bus

Started by Cedric, April 22, 2014, 10:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

last Thursday I was on my local diamond bus in Kidderminster  and there was  a man in diamond uniform  noting how many people got on and of
at every stop along the route. have seen him around for a while. did not check tickets,  wonder if he was a inspector or doing some kind of survey. never seen this when first where running the services.  can  any one  give me  any info   please. sorry for title heading

Modify message

Bowler, may be one that Simon can answer? Winston
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: bowler on April 22, 2014, 10:11:18 PM
Sorry if this is wrong place for my question
last Thursday I was on my local diamond bus in Kidderminster  and there was  a man in diamond uniform  noting how many people got on and of
at every stop along the route. have seen him around for a while. did not check tickets,  wonder if he was a inspector or doing some kind of survey. never seen this when first where running the services.  can  any one  give me  any info   please. sorry for title heading

Saw him today getting of a 2 at the town hall.
It was a full and standing MPD!

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on April 22, 2014, 10:27:24 PM

Maybe Diamond should look at taking a few risks & try increasing the frequencies of some town services that show potential for growing passenger numbers, whilst still MPD's. Thus keeping the larger Darts for longer distance/less frequent routes

StourportSam

Quote from: Winston on April 22, 2014, 10:57:57 PM

Maybe Diamond should look at taking a few risks & try increasing the frequencies of some town services that show potential for growing passenger numbers, whilst still MPD's. Thus keeping the larger Darts for longer distance/less frequent routes

I should probably add that most of the passengers had grey hair...

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on April 23, 2014, 11:18:49 AM

Even so, First have run down the KR operation for years and people who would normally pay cash will have found alternatives. A frequency increase & longer operating hours may start to tempt some of those people back on to the buses along with further OAP's

PM

Quote from: Winston on April 23, 2014, 11:30:55 AM
Quote from: StourportSam on April 23, 2014, 11:18:49 AM

Even so, First have run down the KR operation for years and people who would normally pay cash will have found alternatives. A frequency increase & longer operating hours may start to tempt some of those people back on to the buses along with further OAP's

I couldn't agree more. I think it is time to go back to MPDs and up the frequency. Then with ridership increases bigger and better buses can be put on and the buses will then be more full.i reckon it is worth at old lijks that have been lost to see if the traffic flows of those roures are still important.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk