News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Kidderminster network review

Started by Cedric, September 10, 2013, 07:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

a chance for service s to be greatly improved , I have just  taken part    do not suppose there are as many members in the forum for this area as Redditch area
diamond 8\10/125/292

sonic84

What suggestions have you made Bewminster?

Cedric

Quote from: sonic84 on September 10, 2013, 07:50:55 PM
What suggestions have you made Bewminster?
just one at the moment that is adding one more run or slight change to timetables that the service finish just half an hour later  at 6.30 to give workers  who finsh at 6 pm  a little bit more time to get there last bus home. I  there are other things but   not put them down yet
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Just completed this myself. Thanks for pointing it out Bewminster

the trainbasher

Won't let me do it on my ipad as I was going to suggest a service that diamond could possibly try that Whittles currently, albeit unreliably because of traffic and having to run to Bridgnorth, run on, the Stourbridge to Kidderminster corridor.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

StourportSam

Quote from: the #trainbasher on September 11, 2013, 01:08:02 AM
Won't let me do it on my ipad as I was going to suggest a service that diamond could possibly try that Whittles currently, albeit unreliably because of traffic and having to run to Bridgnorth, run on, the Stourbridge to Kidderminster corridor.

Yeah the 125 is notorious for being up to an hour late on a regular basis!

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on September 11, 2013, 12:04:58 PM

a Kidderminster Stourbridge  service via hagley  would be good as the whittles  on goes via Norton, maybe even with linking  a diamond black country route up to it make a Kidderminster merry hill Dudley service 
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: bewminster on September 11, 2013, 12:24:37 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on September 11, 2013, 12:04:58 PM

a Kidderminster Stourbridge  service via hagley  would be good as the whittles  on goes via Norton, maybe even with linking  a diamond black country route up to it make a Kidderminster merry hill Dudley service

It may be a good idea in principle, but the route it would have to take to would be through rural areas / small villages where car ownership is high & demand for a bus service I would imagine is low. I can't really see the potential traffic making a service commercially viable without subsidy

sonic84

The Kidderminster - Blakedown - Hagley - Stourbridge service has been tried several times before, and never worked out. However, now that the 192 no longer runs to Birmingham, it is possible that if a service linking those villages with Merry Hill was introduced it may be more successful.  Perhaps even trialing it just during the weekends may be a start.

The biggest improvements I would like to see for Kidderminster are the introduction of evening routes on key lines such as the 2/3/10 and the introduction of a sunday service.  I'd also like to see the 2 rerouted to serve Hales Park again.

I also wonder whether there is any need for the 295 to serve Wilden when this area is pretty much covered already by the 15.  Could we not have a direct service running between The Walshes and Kidderminster via the Stourport Road.

Cedric

Quote from: sonic84 on September 11, 2013, 01:23:26 PM
The Kidderminster - Blakedown - Hagley - Stourbridge service has been tried several times before, and never worked out. However, now that the 192 no longer runs to Birmingham, it is possible that if a service linking those villages with Merry Hill was introduced it may be more successful.  Perhaps even trialing it just during the weekends may be a start.

The biggest improvements I would like to see for Kidderminster are the introduction of evening routes on key lines such as the 2/3/10 and the introduction of a sunday service.  I'd also like to see the 2 rerouted to serve Hales Park again.

I also wonder whether there is any need for the 295 to serve Wilden when this area is pretty much covered already by the 15.  Could we not have a direct service running between The Walshes and Kidderminster via the Stourport Road.
The Kidderminster hagley Stourbridge service last a lot longer than the Kidderminster-Norton Stourbridge service  those villages as you say are on the main A456    agree  with you  about evening buses & sunday ones on the 2/3//10 as i would use the 10 @ the 2 as I go   from spenlles to bewdley   in a evening and sundays agree with you about the 2 being re routed  to servere hales park  the 295  was the  only  route to serve wilden  till 2011 I think it was , the 15 always used  to go direct   to stourpor on the main  stourport road and then on to  bewdley. the bit of the stourport road that is missed out where the 3 goes around birchen coppice eastate.  could maybe served by the x3 giving  1 bus a hour for the offices and factories along there .   
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

vehicles carrying review sheets  in Kidderminster today  (the ones I was on anyway)
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: bewminster on September 26, 2013, 06:46:14 PM
vehicles carrying review sheets  in Kidderminster today  (the ones I was on anyway)

There's also a stock of them in Kidderminster Town Hall.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk