News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

First Worcester Streetlite Buses

Started by KevinBendall, September 18, 2014, 07:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinBendall

Today two of the new streetlite buses have arrived at padmore street. The fleet numbers are 47513 and 47514 both buses are 64 plate. They look very nice cannot wait to see them out on service but it might be a while yet. This is due to no ticket machines and no Worcester branding on the sides of the buses. 

the trainbasher

Apparently October is start of them in service

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Anthony263

All of us drivers have to be type trained on these buses before they enter service as well.

At the moment I have counted at least 3 streetlites at Padmore street

KevinBendall

Yesterday morning i notice 47518 is the third streetlite to arrive at padmore street

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

KevinBendall

There are 7 now parked at padmore street. Fleet numbers are 47513 up to 47520. Just awaiting for 47520 to arrive now. 

KevinBendall

47517 has been in service today on the 44 about 16:50  :)

KevinBendall

Today i have been on 47515 which was very nice to ride on. The seats are leather and very comfy to sit on. Overall the bus is very nice and smooth  :)

Also:
47514 i saw on a 363 going to Tewkesbury then on a 35s
47515 i saw on 35s and i had it on a 34
47517 i saw on a 147 going to Halesowen

Hello to all first Worcester , I would like hear your opinions on these buses, how do they compare to the enviro 200 it's nearest rival I think. Cheers 2900

j789

I drove one for the first time last week, it was 47519. Once you get used to the sharpish brakes they are smooth to drive but don't have much 'go' when moving off. Also, they have the door lock on so the handbrake needs to be so they are not ideal for a busy route like the 35 with constant stopping. However, it is ages since there were new buses at Worcester so I am happy First have invested in these buses as shows they have faith in the garage.

Tony

Quote from: j789 on December 10, 2014, 08:33:22 PM
I drove one for the first time last week, it was 47519. Once you get used to the sharpish brakes they are smooth to drive but don't have much 'go' when moving off. Also, they have the door lock on so the handbrake needs to be so they are not ideal for a busy route like the 35 with constant stopping. However, it is ages since there were new buses at Worcester so I am happy First have invested in these buses as shows they have faith in the garage.

You would be marked down on a driving assessment if you were caught not using the handbrake before opening the doors at NX in any bus!

j789

A fair comment but in practice as long as it is safe to do so the majority of drivers would (if the bus has no lock). If more than 2 passengers alighting or an elderly/infirm/pushchair the handbrake goes on every time. In a lot of years driving I have not had any customer complaints so must be doing something right.

Tony

Quote from: j789 on December 10, 2014, 09:35:49 PM
A fair comment but in practice as long as it is safe to do so the majority of drivers would (if the bus has no lock). If more than 2 passengers alighting or an elderly/infirm/pushchair the handbrake goes on every time. In a lot of years driving I have not had any customer complaints so must be doing something right.

And I know sometimes I do it the wrong way around, press the door button, then pull the handbrakes on, it is instinctive to do it that way around after 30 years of driving, but now all NX buses have interlocks except the Spectras and odd buses that have been missed or it has failed on I do always use the handbrake and doing button first, then handbrake saves so little time, I have tried to get in the habit of doing it the correct way around. On newer buses with the foot button for the doors you can actually do both at exactly the same time. It does throw me a little if I do the first half a duty in one with a foot button and the second without

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk