News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Motor Museum - Bus exhibits

Started by Sandy Lane, April 06, 2024, 11:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Quote from: paulb1973 on April 18, 2024, 02:06:35 PMCheck out this link:
May 16th 1987. Coventry City's Cup Final, and the Victory Parade - Our Warwickshire

I think I can spy another bus in at least one of those pictures - probably 4069 which carried the CCFC Youth team.

Chuffin Nora, you're right! Strange how this wasn't ever picked up on any of the TV coverage - on the YT link I posted, there was a section (I believe passing Walsgrave Hospital), where 125 got up a turn of speed where there were very few spectators, yet 4069 is still nowhere to be seen!

Great spot @paulb1973 !!!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on April 06, 2024, 04:12:06 PMHave you thought the Museum might not a more modern bus. Where would they put it?
Coventry have a very different brief than, say, Wythall or Aston Manor, as they are predominantly about the motor industry IN Coventry, rather than what's operated in it, so agree with @Tony - 

I also think that, given the transport heritage of NXC/TC/WMT that a modern bus like 4453, that pays homage to this in a heritage livery, is also worthy of acquiring and exhibiting. 

Though, as @Tony has said, the romance of getting the bus against the practicalities of space and relevance are somewhat at odds with each other.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

paulb1973

Quote from: Wumpty on April 18, 2024, 06:01:53 PMChuffin Nora, you're right! Strange how this wasn't ever picked up on any of the TV coverage - on the YT link I posted, there was a section (I believe passing Walsgrave Hospital), where 125 got up a turn of speed where there were very few spectators, yet 4069 is still nowhere to be seen!

Great spot @paulb1973 !!!
I was being a little cheeky - I was one of the many standing around (in Broadgate, with my brother, sister, mum & dad) waiting for this open-top bus to come! I think it was expected to reach Broadgate in an 'hour' or so once we had arrived - but eventually arrived after a wait of around 3 hours. It was a grey and cool day too, I seem to vaguely remember two buses being involved.

But, what about all the bus shelters in Trinity St and Broadgate etc - people had attempted to stand on them to get a better view in the crush, only for the flimsy corrugated flat roofs to collapse! Someone at WMPTE/Centro had to go around and repair them all.

D10

125 has just been on the opening titles of Central News and looks like it will be featured later on in the show as part of their feature about Coventry City being back at Wembley.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk