News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service 29 vandalism and anti-social behaviour affecting Walsall buses

Started by I love Walsall buses, October 25, 2021, 07:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on March 08, 2022, 09:23:52 PM
According to Twitter,  the 29 is being diverted tonight, but is this the first time for ages,  or has it been on diversion all this time, as it was mentioned previously it was on diversion for the foreseeable?
Yes on diversion tonight this is the 1st time since January it has been diverted

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on March 08, 2022, 09:23:52 PM
According to Twitter,  the 29 is being diverted tonight, but is this the first time for ages,  or has it been on diversion all this time, as it was mentioned previously it was on diversion for the foreseeable?

29 maintains its normal line of route and is diverted as required. Thankfully, the instances of ASB are infrequent, though this doesn't make it any less important or a danger to drivers and passengers.

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Little something from Wednesfield Police on Twitter!

Due to recent reports of ASB and criminal behaviour caused by gangs of youths, the team are continuing to put on high visibility patrols on the local bus routes from Bentley Bridge  through to Ashmore Park. https://t.co/lkRJtAExd6

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on April 20, 2022, 07:39:27 PMLittle something from Wednesfield Police on Twitter!

Due to recent reports of ASB and criminal behaviour caused by gangs of youths, the team are continuing to put on high visibility patrols on the local bus routes from Bentley Bridge  through to Ashmore Park. https://t.co/lkRJtAExd6
This is a locally organised initiative between Wednesfield NHT and NXWM Wolverhampton and no directly linked to Safer Travel Teams.

The Police regularly use the 59 to travel between Wednesfield Police Station and the edge of their patch on Ashmore Park and the idea is to provide a high visibility patrol in the process. To be fair to Wednesfield NHT, they are one of the most proactive NHTs in the area and I don't see why the NHT for Blakenall couldn't operate a similar initiative.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

From Mp Jane Steventon Facebook page.

(Suggested for me apparently!)

🚌 UPDATE ON 59 BUS ISSUES 🚌

I have been in contact with Wolverhampton's Chief Superintendent and the Wednesfield Police team regarding anti-social behaviour on the 59 bus towards Ashmore Park. I am pleased to say that, as per my request, local officers have increased patrols and have been travelling on the route. There have been no further incidents for the last week and a half.

I did request a public meeting but unfortunately this hasn't proved possible. However dates and venues for local PACT meetings with neighbourhood police officers are being arranged, so please do attend if you have concerns.

The police are also working with schools to target early intervention on anti-social behaviour and bullying issues. I will continue to monitor the situation and keep in touch with the police.

Westy

Are they playing up again in Underhill?

According to Twitter,  there's an issue,  with no service between Scotlands & Underhill!

Westy

Note, according to BusTimes.org, 6757 has the dubious pleasure of operating the 29 this evening.

The Platties have decent cameras & recording equipment ISTR.

WalsallBuses2007

Quote from: Westy on September 25, 2022, 07:33:50 PMNote, according to BusTimes.org, 6757 has the dubious pleasure of operating the 29 this evening.

The Platties have decent cameras & recording equipment ISTR.
I heard tonight the 29 has no bus on tonight due to a driver shortage its already gone back to the garage

WalsallBuses2007

Thought this would be the appropriate thread 1879 has driven past me in leamore (not in service) with Graffiti written on the side of the bus

Westy

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on November 20, 2022, 06:02:20 PMThought this would be the appropriate thread 1879 has driven past me in leamore (not in service) with Graffiti written on the side of the bus
According to Bustimes.Org, it was last tracked at Caldmore on the 4M.

Don't tell me, they're starting to have a go down there?

Westy

29 on diversion via Leamore, according to Twitter,  as the little darlings are playing up by Rycroft Cemetery!

Westy

According to my WB based sister, who is a member of a Blakenall related FB group, buses have been pulled from the route today, due to being bricked on Harden Road!

Westy

There's been a Platinum on Wa 41 lately.

Have they been playing up on that route?

(Spotted a standard bus on a X51 the other day!)

Westy

https://www.west-midlands.police.uk/node/2777

Let's hope as it's been nice weather lately, the deterrent of a Section 60 in the area(see the Twitter link on the page!) will make the locals think twice before starting anything in the area!

Bob

Quote from: Westy on May 27, 2023, 09:15:38 PMhttps://www.west-midlands.police.uk/node/2777

Let's hope as it's been nice weather lately, the deterrent of a Section 60 in the area(see the Twitter link on the page!) will make the locals think twice before starting anything in the area!
With it being Blakenall, theyve probably had their cost of living benefits payments to pi## up the wall 🤣🤣

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk