News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus joint routes

Started by Westy, September 03, 2018, 06:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

I love Walsall buses

Solo1

Think you will find they are doing the bus station up they  have do e stands a-c

Ginger66

What is the C02 emissions like on the joint routes 31/32, 42/43 since the new improved service compared to previous opetations.

Westy

Are NX eventually branding their own vehicles, that are on the joint routes, seeing Diamond has already started doing theirs?

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on September 30, 2018, 12:47:19 PM
Are NX eventually branding their own vehicles, that are on the joint routes, seeing Diamond has already started doing theirs?
Probably when they have painted all of them I don't know how many are supposed to be painted
Also yesterday at 20:00 the 32 came and a man dropped beer out of his bag and spilt all down the bus the whole bus stunk of beer then he got of at Stafford street saying he got on the wrong bus,at lower farm the driver said I'm carrying on until my shift is over when he gets back Walsall at 21:15

Westy

Any chance of someone at Nx having a look at the board that includes the 640am from Lower Farm, as most mornings, it ends up standing room only by the time it gets to Walsall.

I think it needs a double decker.

I love Walsall buses

5 31s running together right at 13:00 ran together until bloxwich where two of them had 31E bloxwich and one even changed into a 32 at bloxwich but got into Walsall 5 minutes late even though before changing onto a 32 he was ontime

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on November 02, 2018, 10:29:54 PM
5 31s running together right at 13:00 ran together until bloxwich where two of them had 31E bloxwich and one even changed into a 32 at bloxwich but got into Walsall 5 minutes late even though before changing onto a 32 he was ontime

Are those roadworks causing much hassle in Leamore?

I love Walsall buses

There was 2 32s running together in bloxwich probably to do with that but still
5 31s arriving in a convoy is ridiculous

30970 was displaying 301/302 all day today also on until midnight

John

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on November 03, 2018, 11:39:16 PM
5 31s arriving in a convoy is ridiculous

What do you expect them to do? Fly over the roadworks and traffic

Tiptonian

Quote from: John on November 04, 2018, 08:37:07 AM
What do you expect them to do? Fly over the roadworks and traffic

Maybe he expects inspectors or control staff to turn buses to maintain an even headway and restore the service. Over the last ten years, bus companies have spent a fortune on sophisticated ticket machines costing thousands of pounds each which include telemetry. Supervisors should know instantly the location of every bus. If this costly technology is not used for this purpose, why was it purchased?

Tony

Quote from: Tiptonian on November 04, 2018, 11:58:58 AM
Maybe he expects inspectors or control staff to turn buses to maintain an even headway and restore the service. Over the last ten years, bus companies have spent a fortune on sophisticated ticket machines costing thousands of pounds each which include telemetry. Supervisors should know instantly the location of every bus. If this costly technology is not used for this purpose, why was it purchased?

So when 5 buses, all with passengers on are stuck in a queue at some temporary traffic lights please explain what a controller is supposed to do?

The bus station Inspector at Walsall will always sort out bunching at the first opertunity, but there is the added complication here that an NX Inspector cannot alter a Diamond bus

Tiptonian

Quote from: Tony on November 04, 2018, 12:21:28 PM
So when 5 buses, all with passengers on are stuck in a queue at some temporary traffic lights please explain what a controller is supposed to do?

The bus station Inspector at Walsall will always sort out bunching at the first opertunity, but there is the added complication here that an NX Inspector cannot alter a Diamond bus

If Walsall bus station was the first opportunity, then fair enough, but it seems to indicate that, despite the sophistication and cost of telemetry, the situation could not be managed any better than it could in past times prior to its adoption, and that contradicts a big selling point of the Init (and other telemetry enabled) ticket machine systems. Maybe this reflects the limited powers that controllers and inspectors are granted by higher management? I do not know the current situation, but I do know it has changed a lot over the years. I appreciate the problem of it being a joint service, especially if one operator tries to correct the service and the other doesn't. However, no bus enthusiast, not even one who is eleven years old, would expect a bus to fly over roadworks and traffic. Only passengers expect that!

Tony

Quote from: Tiptonian on November 04, 2018, 03:52:23 PM
If Walsall bus station was the first opportunity, then fair enough, but it seems to indicate that, despite the sophistication and cost of telemetry, the situation could not be managed any better than it could in past times prior to its adoption, and that contradicts a big selling point of the Init (and other telemetry enabled) ticket machine systems. Maybe this reflects the limited powers that controllers and inspectors are granted by higher management? I do not know the current situation, but I do know it has changed a lot over the years. I appreciate the problem of it being a joint service, especially if one operator tries to correct the service and the other doesn't. However, no bus enthusiast, not even one who is eleven years old, would expect a bus to fly over roadworks and traffic. Only passengers expect that!

I've done controlling, your attitude is that it is as simple as putting buses back on time with even gaps
It's not as simple as that. As well as waiting passengers facing a big gap in service you have to think of passengers already on the bus. If you've got a bus coming down a route out of time what happens to the existing passengers already on the bus you turn short. What happens if that driver is due to come off at Walsall Bus Station? Where do you physically turn a bus. If you put a bus back on time, but that driver has one more journey to make and got to go through the delay again he will be late coming off again, now if he is due to take another bus over after a short break you have a bus standing with no driver.
Sometimes it's actually better to leave a bus getting later and later so the driver eventually just misses a complete round trip out

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk