News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rail Replacements

Started by Michael Bevan, August 11, 2018, 11:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

On national rail it was listed as "Compliant Woodstones" - their website dosen't seem to be using compliance as a selling point.

B61 ANDREW

With WMT having a severe staff shortage yesterday , a lot of afternoon services at Worcester were cancelled with r/r buses/coaches laid on . This gave me the chance to travel on my first "BMC" badged vehicle for many a year !
I travelled back to Bromsgrove on First Choices BMC Condor BX60CKL. Which , apart from doing what many buses do -  rattle - , it went well in between queues in the rush hour slow traffic. The driver was smart and helpful too . On arrival at Bromsgrove I also noted a Tourismo of Emminence Travel and an example of the obligitory anonymous , all white , ex-National Express Levante coach. :D

4369Beast

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on August 11, 2021, 09:22:59 AM
With WMT having a severe staff shortage yesterday , a lot of afternoon services at Worcester were cancelled with r/r buses/coaches laid on . This gave me the chance to travel on my first "BMC" badged vehicle for many a year !
I travelled back to Bromsgrove on First Choices BMC Condor BX60CKL. Which , apart from doing what many buses do -  rattle - , it went well in between queues in the rush hour slow traffic. The driver was smart and helpful too . On arrival at Bromsgrove I also noted a Tourismo of Emminence Travel and an example of the obligitory anonymous , all white , ex-National Express Levante coach. :D

The Ex nx one if you could see where the words National express used to be on the rear then that's Mighty Travel of Yardley.

B61 ANDREW

Cheese

Green Bus E400s LJ09CCX/Z/DE/F/N/O all seen on rail replacements, also a pair of ex Golden Tours MCV bodied Volvo B9TLs in allover blue still with Stagecoach fleet names for when they were on loan at Busways.

Michael Bevan

Diamond Streetlite 32320 is on Cross City South rail replacements today between Birmingham New Street and Redditch.

mikestone

At 11.15 today  GO Goodwin's Yelloway liveried E40 outside TK Max, both of Ridley's E40s seen later on Nuneaton services.
'
Didn't see any D&G or Midland Classic vehicles, yet coaches from as far away as Swansea.

CL

Quote from: mikestone on September 05, 2021, 08:24:04 PM
At 11.15 today  GO Goodwin's Yelloway liveried E40 outside TK Max, both of Ridley's E40s seen later on Nuneaton services.
'
Didn't see any D&G or Midland Classic vehicles, yet coaches from as far away as Swansea.
Midland Classic had their 10, 14, 15, 22, 24 out throughout the day
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

DJ

There was also some other operators on rails yesterday;

• Guru Travel Darts GX04 EXN, PJ53 OLC and PJ53 OLK

• Pulhams Coaches Citaro N99 NHS

• First Choice Minibuses BMC BX60 CKL

• The Green Bus E400 LJ09 CDO (Probably others, but I only saw that one)

• Ridleys Van Hool FSV 305 and E400MMC YX70 OLR

• Sovereign Levante FJ60 HXX

There's bound to be a bunch that I've missed, but I was down on the southern Cross City for most of the day.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

B61 ANDREW

A few more for yesterday - SK68TWP - AA Minibus. BX65WCZ - Mighty Travels. KBZ662 - South Staffs.

Michael Bevan

Diamond 32233, 32238 and 32325 are on Cross City South rail replacements this morning between Redditch and Birmingham.

All are tracking on bustimes.org under RAIL.

Michael Bevan

Been a nice variety on Cross City South rail replacements earlier...

Some of the noteworthy ones on Birmingham New Street to Redditch/Bromsgrove were Diamond Streetlite 32326, Thandi EX16M TT21 NOY, N.N. Cresswell TC12 L2 NNC and GT Trident X398 KBV...

Some of the noteworthy ones on Birmingham New Street to Droitwich Spa were Diamond Streetlite 32325, GT Sprinter UIG 2133 and Endeavour Levante BX65 WDE...

You also had the usual stuff on there from GT Coaches/Guru Travel, Midland Classic, Brit Coaches, Aston Manor Coaches, Pulham Coaches etc.

B61 ANDREW

Midland Classic out today on South Cross City included Scania's 14,16,25.

B61 ANDREW

Two vehicles at Bromsgrove this morning , SK68TWN of AA Minibuses and BA19OWM of RH Travels.

B61 ANDREW

The usual suspects at Bromsgrove yesterday afternoon - Guru , AA and Endeavour.  There could have been more but at least two advertised workings failed to materialise . . . . . . .  :sad:  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk