News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Matt on April 07, 2014, 06:44:44 PM
Quote from: Solo1 on April 07, 2014, 10:11:59 AM
Quote from: Matt on April 06, 2014, 11:17:40 PM
If anybody was to pay a visit to Bearwood interchange, they might notice something interesting about the Stourbridge 9 stop...
.   What is it

You'll have to go there and find out

Come on, spill the beans! I'm not travelling all the way to Bearwood just to see something that may not actually turn out to be that interesting!  :P

In return, I'll tell you what they've done to stand AL at Acocks Green village interchange, otherwise you'll have to go and look for yourself!  ;) :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stu on April 07, 2014, 06:58:50 PM
If anybody was to pay a visit to Bearwood interchange, they might notice something interesting about the Stourbridge 9 stop...
.   What is it

Come on, spill the beans! I'm not travelling all the way to Bearwood just to see something that may not actually turn out to be that interesting!  :P

In return, I'll tell you what they've done to stand AL at Acocks Green village interchange, otherwise you'll have to go and look for yourself!  ;) :D

It's talking.

Stu

Quote from: Matt on April 07, 2014, 07:32:23 PM
.   What is it

It's talking.

Sure it's not voices in your head? :p

Joking aside, talking how? Announcing next buses due?

(That does trump stand AL in Acocks Green, for some reason, they've taken off the side next to the road, so the whole shelter is open on that side. The shelter's not been replaced, still the same one. No idea why they've done it.)
My locals:

Stuharris 6360

Have noticed on a number of bus stopos around Stourbridge that the flags are looking very worn, how often do they get changed?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

John

Quote from: Stu on April 07, 2014, 07:52:01 PM
(That does trump stand AL in Acocks Green, for some reason, they've taken off the side next to the road, so the whole shelter is open on that side. The shelter's not been replaced, still the same one. No idea why they've done it.)

They have done that to most of the stops on Hawthorn Road, plus the 7/28 stop at the Crossways

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 07, 2014, 07:54:32 PM
Have noticed on a number of bus stopos around Stourbridge that the flags are looking very worn, how often do they get changed?

When the routes at the stops themselves get changed by the looks of it. I've seen a few round by me that have faded very badly, must be where they're exposed to long periods of direct sunlight, noticeable examples can be found on Shaftmoor Lane in Hall Green/Acocks Green. Hopefully they'll be reapplied soon as the 31A is being withdrawn from 27th April.

My locals:

nitromatt1

.   What is it

It's talking.

Sure it's not voices in your head? :p

Joking aside, talking how? Announcing next buses due?

It announces the next few departures in real time when a bus pulls up VERY LOUDLY LIKE THIS SO THAT EVERYONE ON THE BUS CAN HEAR IT! I think it's the same voice used on the stops around Bartley Green.

Niall

Quote from: John on April 07, 2014, 07:58:32 PM

They have done that to most of the stops on Hawthorn Road, plus the 7/28 stop at the Crossways

And the ones on Broad Street opposite the Library.

It's talking.

The one on the opposite side of the road didn't have any timetables in it today, just the RTI display
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Stu

Strange that they haven't done this to the other shelters in Acocks Green village.

Is it to save money on the cleaning contract with OCS I wonder? (less shelter = less for OCS to clean lol  :D)
My locals:

paulb1973

Quote from: Stu on April 07, 2014, 08:24:57 PM

Strange that they haven't done this to the other shelters in Acocks Green village.

Is it to save money on the cleaning contract with OCS I wonder? (less shelter = less for OCS to clean lol  :D)

This has happened in Coventry, especially on the Holyhead Rd, it appears only shelters carrying double-sided adverts [some scrolling on one side and fixed the other] have been altered. Presumably Network WM & Clear Channel Adshel have come to a recent agreement whereby the frontal piece of some shelters - the bit nearest the kerb - can be removed allowing the ad to be seen from the road more easily. On a similar theme Adshel's 10-year exclusive right to advertise on Centro/NWM's shelters comes to an end in July, I guess expressions of interest etc will be issued soon, if they haven't already. 

Stu

Only noticed yesterday that the 37 stop in Acocks Green (outside Wilko) has gained a TFT real-time information display inside.

Also I see NWM have been busy updating more bus stop flags, the badly faded ones on Shaftmoor Lane have finally been replaced late last week, and they've done the ones on Bradford Street and Stratford Road today.
My locals:

nitromatt1

Is the really old 590A flag by Water Orton station on the 70 route still there?

P419 EJW

Quote from: Matt on April 14, 2014, 07:31:19 PM

I have been travelling on 70 couple of weeks ago, I did see a few of old bus stop flags of 590A.

Tony

Quote from: P419 EJW on April 14, 2014, 07:43:19 PM
Quote from: Matt on April 14, 2014, 07:31:19 PM

I have been travelling on 70 couple of weeks ago, I did see a few of old bus stop flags of 590A.

Walk around the corner, over the bridge with the station on, follow the road to the right and at the bottom of the hill opposite the Dog Inn you will see a flag with Mid-Warwickshire Motors on!

notepanel

Quote from: paulb1973 on April 08, 2014, 02:29:24 PM
Quote from: Stu on April 07, 2014, 08:24:57 PM

This has happened in Coventry, especially on the Holyhead Rd, it appears only shelters carrying double-sided adverts [some scrolling on one side and fixed the other] have been altered. Presumably Network WM & Clear Channel Adshel have come to a recent agreement whereby the frontal piece of some shelters - the bit nearest the kerb - can be removed allowing the ad to be seen from the road more easily. On a similar theme Adshel's 10-year exclusive right to advertise on Centro/NWM's shelters comes to an end in July, I guess expressions of interest etc will be issued soon, if they haven't already.

To confirm what you've stated re the advertising...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/midlands-bus-shelter-ads-leave-6983241

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk