News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinh1000

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 17, 2013, 04:05:16 PM
Quote from: Tony on November 17, 2013, 03:48:49 PM
Struggled to get the bus stop plate and the real time in focus, but according to Centro's Real time the next buses at Six Ways Erdington are a 63, a 61, and the 144!

Oo, no full colour RTI on that stop then.

Any list of full colour RTI's?
Several places in Wolverhampton I can remember
Marston Green Interchange I believe has them :)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

John

Quote from: vinh1000 on November 17, 2013, 05:07:46 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 17, 2013, 04:05:16 PM
Quote from: Tony on November 17, 2013, 03:48:49 PM
Struggled to get the bus stop plate and the real time in focus, but according to Centro's Real time the next buses at Six Ways Erdington are a 63, a 61, and the 144!

Oo, no full colour RTI on that stop then.

Any list of full colour RTI's?
Several places in Wolverhampton I can remember
Marston Green Interchange I believe has them :)

Bearwood Bus Station also

Liverpool Street

Also the majority of stops on the Pershore Road and Bristol, but then some have those useless LED ones, which says 'due in 3minutes' - well that's weird cause I'm about to board? And it was NOT running early. (And 3 minute early is nothing, really)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

JoNi

Several have appeared in Coventry, one opposite the Whitmore Park terminus only served by Stagecoach routes towards city which doesn't show realtime! They seem to show via points as long list of areas that has to scroll as it is wider than the screen. l will update tomorrow. l'm sure i'm not alone in despising scrolling messages. Technology used for the sake of it.

trident4370

I agree with that, it was a nightmare when the Orange LED ones were scrolling 11A/C Destinations, you could wait upto 20 seconds before the Due time came up and there was an annoying blank gap half way through...

Sh4318

Quote from: trident4370 on November 17, 2013, 05:46:26 PM
I agree with that, it was a nightmare when the Orange LED ones were scrolling 11A/C Destinations, you could wait upto 20 seconds before the Due time came up and there was an annoying blank gap half way through...

The 4M destinations at Cradley Heath are like that >:(
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

trident4370

Quote from: Sh4166 on November 17, 2013, 05:51:27 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on November 17, 2013, 05:46:26 PM

The 4M destinations at Cradley Heath are like that >:(

It is a nuisance!

the trainbasher

Holly Hall Road (X26/X96) has the new Full Colour ones. Hawbush Road (225/226/250/251) is to have them fitted apparently soon

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

I believe First Avenue in Bushbury Hill and Showell Circus aswell.

Does the stops on the 246 have full colour RTI's? Can't remember exactly

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on November 17, 2013, 08:12:46 PM
I believe First Avenue in Bushbury Hill and Showell Circus aswell.

Does the stops on the 246 have full colour RTI's? Can't remember exactly

Some do, but many still have LED displays

Trident 4609

Also a few in Wolverhampton:

Patshull Avenue and Marsh Lane (3 and 25/25A route)

There maybe one or two on Birmingham New Rd too

Dylan4579

Northfield have them, and the Pershore road by the cricket ground.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Dylan4579 on November 18, 2013, 06:25:57 PM
Northfield have them, and the Pershore road by the cricket ground.

And Cotteridge, and outside the British Oak
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

JoNi

When looking at a new one in Holbrooks, Coventry this afternoon the via messages were scrolling despite being short enough not to!

4 University Hosp   via Whitmore Park, Edgwick, Bishopsgate Green, Coventry, Gosford Green, Upper Stoke, Stoke, Wyken Green, Wyken!

55 Coventry  via Whitmore Park, Edgwick, Bishopsgate Green

Kevin

Seems an appropriate enough thread to put this....

Obviously the live times on bus stops these days are all updated wirelessly somehow (Internet? Radio? GPS? Magic?). Would it not be possible to put useful information on there regarding delays etc as well? Such as if a bus has broken down and there won't be one for over half an hour, or if there's a sudden diversion or whatever? That would go a fair way towards put passengers a bit more at ease and less likely to take it out on the driver of the next bus to turn up as is all too common at the moment.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk