News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mranon

shame the bird in hand at tettenhall woods has closed, they miss their pint and cheese n onion bap lol

They will have to invest in bigger buses to fit carpets & Sofas in now  :)
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

mranon

perhaps they could carpet over the missing panels

Ashley

Ive seen that too, just park up in stupid places and have a nice natter with their colleagues over lunch, no regard for anybody else

PM

I agree with what Badger was saying. Worse than using Go-North East's livery-they used Hansons-who are right on their doorstep giving an amazing company a bad image.

mranon

i know acl travel went under, but their buses were old but tidy from what i saw of them a few years ago. even today, theres 3 of them run by travel express. they still have names, and one still has route branding!!!! however, there is one of them, which is driven by the same asian man daily, K-NHC, which apart from a badly repainted repair on the back, still looks quite reasonable. the other 2 acl ones, are rough, and both have been bumped, and thrashed about by their regular drivers. you only have to see the repairs, and the differing shades of orange to see that. travel express must hve a big stock of paint colours lol. i dont know why they dont paint them all one colour, even orange, and give themselves an identity.

mranon

it was an ex hansons one with the missing panel

PM

Oh right H847 NOC or H879 LOX?

mranon

cant remember which way round these 2 are, but they differ slightly by one having a mainly blue rear end - it wasnt that one. however, the other hansons dart replaced it today.

vinh1000

Travel Express are a decent company I guess have seen worser bus conditions tbh
Surprised they use the modern wayfarer machines unlike the older ones (such as Joe's Travel uses)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

j_rp_wright

Mr Chumba who owns the company seems a nice enough chap when I've spoke to him. He does most of the mechanics himself to keep costs down, in this current climate money is better spent on the essentials rather than nice looking liveries! The man has a living to make and to keep his drivers in work! But at the same time I don't think buses should be allowed to operate in previous owners liveries and fleetnames!

j_rp_wright

As for spectras being fast!? When I worked at park lane they were just as slow as driving a metro bus!

Andrew1991

Have travel express got a new garage on dudley road or has it always been there as I have only noticed it recently.

j_rp_wright

Yes, they now have the old former Midland Red Depot on Dudley street- they are also now offering cheap car parking while the buses are out on the road for extra income.

D10

Great to see an old Midland Red depot returned to the use that it was designed for, especially after originally closing 41 years ago!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk