News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First places £70m Bus Order

Started by Stuharris 6360, January 17, 2014, 01:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Arent streetlites supposed to be really rubbish?  Ive seen youtube vids of first sheffields ones they sound dreadful. I cant believe arriva are having some for cannock. ..then again I can lol

s94

Quote from: Winston on March 26, 2014, 10:26:24 AM
Quote from: s94 on March 25, 2014, 11:55:41 PM
Its much of Cornwall where there are barely any new buses!

Cornwall doesn't generate the revenues/profits to be able to support new buses, the only new buses that would be bought for Cornwall would be for any specific contract wins. Cornwall will most likely receive newer cascades only
True.

Having said that, much of its fleet actually still seems in good condition. Take a trip on any Falmouth routes and one would see. :)

Bob

Can we assume that its Potteries division probably doesn't make much money then? As great as it is to see vintage step entry deckers in use, G, L, M & P reg Olympians? Really?

Ashley

The difference between First and Arriva is that alot of First territory such as Yorkshire is very hilly. Cannock to Walsall is essentially flat so there won't be as many problems. Potteries is hardly tanking but it could be down to some of their customer base. Their time will come, for goodness sake stop slating everybody off, it could be worse. So what if companies are still running Olympians, the reason is that they're extremely reliable and low maintenance. As Cornwall have found out along with every bus company, early low floor deckers haven't got the stamena to keep going without breaking. Or in WM speak, how often did you see a Metro on the back of a Mansfield, then ask yourself how often do you see a Trident on the back of a Mansfield

PM

Quote from: Ashley on March 28, 2014, 07:14:51 PM
The difference between First and Arriva is that alot of First territory such as Yorkshire is very hilly. Cannock to Walsall is essentially flat so there won't be as many problems. Potteries is hardly tanking but it could be down to some of their customer base. Their time will come, for goodness sake stop slating everybody off, it could be worse. So what if companies are still running Olympians, the reason is that they're extremely reliable and low maintenance. As Cornwall have found out along with every bus company, early low floor deckers haven't got the stamena to keep going without breaking. Or in WM speak, how often did you see a Metro on the back of a Mansfield, then ask yourself how often do you see a Trident on the back of a Mansfield

Couldn't agree more Ashley. Because of DDA deadlines coming close, people seem to assume that all fleets can suddenly pay for low floor deckers. Actually, I'd far rather have a first olympian than many low floor ex London deckers that are in bad condition. Cornwall will no doubt be upgraded in time but they have got 3 years to play with although admittedly there won't be any london vehicles able to replace Olympians as that secondhand source has dried up.

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 28, 2014, 07:17:37 PM

Couldn't agree more Ashley. Because of DDA deadlines coming close, people seem to assume that all fleets can suddenly pay for low floor deckers. Actually, I'd far rather have a first olympian than many low floor ex London deckers that are in bad condition. Cornwall will no doubt be upgraded in time but they have got 3 years to play with although admittedly there won't be any london vehicles able to replace Olympians as that secondhand source has dried up.

Most late Olympians are rotton underneath, they are certainly not low maintenance. That is why several First, Stagecoach & Arriva subsiduaries have disposed of the newer ones before some of the older ones

PM

Quote from: Tony on March 28, 2014, 07:23:05 PM

Most late Olympians are rotton underneath, they are certainly not low maintenance. That is why several First, Stagecoach & Arriva subsiduaries have disposed of the newer ones before some of the older ones

Really? Did the build quality drop off then in the later Olympian production runs?

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 28, 2014, 07:39:28 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 28, 2014, 07:23:05 PM

Really? Did the build quality drop off then in the later Olympian production runs?

It seems very much so, lower quality steel used

Bob

I dont slate everybody off. I just remarked about the age of the fleet and the fact the newest buses are 7yrs old, and they were cascades.  I dont slate nx or any other arriva garages like tamworth telford Leicester etc they are very good.  Its just cannock and wednesfield that are the absolute pits. Even tony has remarked on the poor state of cannocks fleet/breakdown levels before now

Tony

Quote from: bob on March 28, 2014, 08:56:50 PM
I dont slate everybody off. I just remarked about the age of the fleet and the fact the newest buses are 7yrs old, and they were cascades.  I dont slate nx or any other arriva garages like tamworth telford Leicester etc they are very good.  Its just cannock and wednesfield that are the absolute pits. Even tony has remarked on the poor state of cannocks fleet/breakdown levels before now

The new buses on the 25/26 do seem to have made a big difference, doesn't seem to be any mass breakdowns lately, vehicle allocation is still rubbish, one of the wifi fitted 60/825 vehicles was being wasted on the 62 all day, but apart from FK52MML leaving a smoke trail in Hednesford I haven't seen anything to bad for the last month

Bob

There were four breakdowns on monday. The 20.25 number 2 was late on Saturday night according to the driver they couldn't find a suitable bus so presumably thered been a breakdown.  It was 20mins late lol.

Bob

Oh and either the 836 or 837 broke down on Friday leaving loads of kids late for college I think it was the 837. I know that cos my workmates daughter was stuck on it

winston

Posted on another forum, the list below suggests that WR are now due 12 x DF Streetlites

First Bus orders & allocations for 2014

33831 – 33857 ADL / E400's for Rusholme
33858 – 33872 ADL / E400's for Sheffield
33873 – 33890 ADL / E400's for Bramley
44600 – 44636 ADL / E200's for Ravenhill
47466 – 47481 WB Streetlite's for Tameside
47482 – 47492 WB Streetlite's for Doncaster
47493 – 47500 WB Streetlite's for Huddersfield
47501 – 47506 WB Streetlite's for Gt. Yarmouth
47507 – 47518 WB Streetlite's for Worcester
47519 – 47528 WB Streetlite's for Hadleigh
47529 – 47534 WB Streetlite's for Scotland East
47535 – 47543 ? Not ordered ?
47544 – 47558 WB Streetlite's for Bath
47559 – 47571 WB Streetlite's for Hengrove
47572 ? Not ordered ?
47573 – 47594 WB Streetlite's for Hoeford
47595 – 47612 WB Streetlite's for Southampton
47613 – 47617 WB Streetlite's for Scotland East
47618 – 47628 WB Streetlite's for Parkhead
49901 – 49912 Optare Versa's for York
53501 – 53509 Optare Solo's for Hoeford
53510 – 53515 Optare Solo's for Weymouth
63119 – 63145 WB Streetlite's for Sheffield
63146 – 63156 WB Streetlite's for Rusholme
63157 – 63160 WB Streetlite's for Scotland East
63161 – 63170 WB Streetlite's for Hadleigh
63171 – 63180 WB Streetlite's for Leicester
63181 – 63189 WB Streetlite's for Weymouth
63190 – 63192 WB Streetlite's for Slough
63193 – 63218 WB Streetlite's for Aberdeen
63219 – 63223 WB Streetlite's for Scotland East
63224 – 63240 WB Streetlite's for Blantyre
64994 – 64997 Van-Hool A330's for Aberdeen

Sayeed

Looking at First New Livery List, there are few changes;

47501 – 47506 WB Streetlite's for Gt. Yarmouth
47507 – 47518 WB Streetlite's for Worcester
Worcester will get 6 Wright Streetlites just like posted on First group Fans yahoo group.

47535 – 47543 ? Not ordered ?
So far 47535 - 47539 were ordered and delivered on 10/07 but with 61 & 63 reg plate and also, one of them is WF Streetlite: https://www.flickr.com/photos/benbeaver95/14440247530/

47572 ? Not Ordered ?
On order for Bristol

Век живи - век учись

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk