News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Link, Drakelow

Started by Tony, September 14, 2023, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

A new operator in the West Midlands running the Boots contract from Walsall to Burton on Trent.

They were using former Midland Classic SN57 BKL today

B61 ANDREW

Any connection to Deluxe of Drakelow ??

Tony

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on September 14, 2023, 06:54:20 PMAny connection to Deluxe of Drakelow ??
No, This is James Boddice from Midland Classic

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Tony on September 14, 2023, 05:58:11 PMA new operator in the West Midlands running the Boots contract from Walsall to Burton on Trent.

They were using former Midland Classic SN57 BKL today

Just seen SN57 BKL in Erdington on the X11 (Newtown to Burton Boots Contract).

fleetline6477

Can't find any reference to this operator. What else do you know about them Tony?

the trainbasher

QuoteCan't find any reference to this operator. What else do you know about them Tony?
It's owned by James Boddice, the ex Midland Classic MD. Their operating Centre is at Royal Farm Business Park in Drakelow

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

hlliwmai

So James Boddice has set up his own company fair play to him, I wonder if he can make it as successful as Midland Classic and yes before anyone says I know he didn't own Midland I'm just saying that when he was in charge of Midland it always seemed to run like clockwork and never suffered many problems and was always ran well by him and his staff. Good luck to him hopefully he can strive and hopefully he'll be able to expand in time. 

On a separate note I've often wondered why so far Geoff Cross has never ventured back into operating buses again, although I guess it's probably because he's happy the way he is still operating the Centrad side of the business. 

Vulcan

James did own Classic along with Julian Peddle around a 70/30 split to him as far I recall 

EK40

Looks like they have a new VDL gemini 2 reg LJ59 LWV looks mint tbh with the refurbished interior

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk