News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

MRD

Started by SEVERNLINK, April 21, 2015, 12:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEVERNLINK

MRD of Bromsgrove seem to have a new bus!

Saw it last week but didn't catch the reg but passed it today on the 90 and its YG02FVX a green Optare Solo formely of Walsall Community Transport.Its got MRD on the rear so could be a permanent replacement for N922NAP.

Interestingly MRD also used a white LDV minibus earlier last week on some services.

the trainbasher

@SEVERNLINK fun fact for you...

When MRD ran the X7 Merry Hill to Bromsgrove service, they actually up the LDV van on there the once...needless to say it was a intersting journey!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

B61 ANDREW

N922NAP was still on MRD's premises earlier today - albeit with the rear wheels raised off the ground. As well as the Solo, MRD's two other vehicles were present. Mercs  R901WLG and Convoy YX04LJJ.  :D

countryliner

Does anyone on this forum know what buses that MRD currently have in their bus fleet. Thank you.

MW

Quote from: countryliner on January 14, 2016, 03:37:18 AM
Does anyone on this forum know what buses that MRD currently have in their bus fleet. Thank you.

Also, does anyone know if they gave change?

countryliner

@MW - Yes MRD do indeed give change on all of their bus services.

MW

Quote from: countryliner on January 14, 2016, 05:15:58 AM
@MW - Yes MRD do indeed give change on all of their bus services.

Excellent, I'll get my pennies together then.

countryliner

@MW - I am not sure what their current bus fares are but if you contact them they should be able to let you know.

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: countryliner on January 14, 2016, 03:37:18 AM

Only the Solo as far as I know. The "Gaffer" is a friendly guy, always get a wave or thumbs up from him when he drives past.  :D

Trident 4194

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on January 14, 2016, 07:12:09 PM
Only the Solo as far as I know. The "Gaffer" is a friendly guy, always get a wave or thumbs up from him when he drives past.  :D

No merc vario?

SEVERNLINK

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on January 14, 2016, 07:12:09 PM
Always gives you an acknowledgment when giving way for the bus  :D Ex MRW and Yourbus driver think he's a bus crank. Years  ago I used to catch the same 143 back from Redditch always a National except for when Mr MRD was driving he'd somehow manage to turn up with a Leopard which was very unusual at that time ;)

SEVERNLINK

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 14, 2016, 07:44:59 PM
No merc vario?
The Varios are operated by Clearway...for the time being  ;D

countryliner

@SEVERNLINK @Trident 4194 @B61 ANDREW - Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I presume that MRD must have a second spare bus though to use when YG02 FVX is not available.

SEVERNLINK

Quote from: countryliner on January 15, 2016, 12:46:54 AM
@SEVERNLINK @Trident 4194 @B61 ANDREW - Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I presume that MRD must have a second spare bus though to use when YG02 FVX is not available.
The spare was/is an LDV minibus which I saw in use on the 90 one morning just before Christmas.

countryliner

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk