News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

585/85

Started by J GL, October 26, 2020, 09:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J GL

Hi. I heard on the local brinklow Facebook page that the 585 will now be rerouted via Elliots Field shopping park in Rugby but more importantly, it seems that it is changing to the 85. Does anyone know any more info and I have screenshots of this but I am unsure how to post them. Will it affect Stagecoachs sunday service? Also, will these be separate routes and will the 585 still run?

ellspurs

https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/information/service-changes/service-changes-from-2nd-november-2020

They appear to just be renumbering the 585/A/B to 85/A/B. Same route as before, except the off-peak journeys will also nip up to Tesco on Leicester Road in Rugby.

As far as we can see there is no changes to the Stagecoach Sunday service.

Timetables are available at the above link.

J GL

Quote from: ellspurs on October 27, 2020, 05:41:26 AM
https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/information/service-changes/service-changes-from-2nd-november-2020

They appear to just be renumbering the 585/A/B to 85/A/B. Same route as before, except the off-peak journeys will also nip up to Tesco on Leicester Road in Rugby.

Thanks. I saw this as well just now. It is a shame that they are renumbering it to the 85 although it does make sense as the 586 has been the 86 for ages but the 585 is an old Midland Red number.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: ellspurs on October 27, 2020, 05:41:26 AM

539, 580 and 585 changes. It must be true (?) as its in the Coventry paper!

A spokesman for the bus company said: "With Coventry moving into a higher Covid alert level this how we're managing our bus services to ensure customers can continue to travel safely on their journeys with us.

Our network team has been working hard throughout the pandemic to keep the right buses in the right places at the right time of day.
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/changes-bus-services-coventry-because-19178516

Sandy Lane

Has anyone seen how quickly the dirt builds up on the 585 buses using the country lanes/roads all day to Rugby. They get covered in it when its been raining. Does the garage have to wash them more frequently?

ellspurs

Quote from: Sandy Lane on November 26, 2020, 08:48:35 AM
Has anyone seen how quickly the dirt builds up on the 585 buses using the country lanes/roads all day to Rugby. They get covered in it when its been raining. Does the garage have to wash them more frequently?

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I end up having to wash my truck daily in this sort of weather.

Sandy Lane

When TDC ran the 85(585) it used to run thru to Coventry train station. Today NXC turn around in the Meadow. What are the chances of NXC extending back to the train station one day?

karl724223

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 09, 2021, 07:33:03 PM
When TDC ran the 85(585) it used to run thru to Coventry train station. Today NXC turn around in the Meadow. What are the chances of NXC extending back to the train station one day?
50/50

Sandy Lane

D10

As it's a Warwickshire CC contract I would have thought that it's up to the Council to decide to include it in the service specification.

Solo1

Wonder if 585 when TDC ran TDC extended it them selves yo the station

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 09, 2021, 07:33:03 PM
As the X30 service to the station has been reduced I wonder if the 85 could now return to the station?

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 30, 2021, 01:08:38 PM
As the X30 service to the station has been reduced I wonder if the 85 could now return to the station?

It seems unlikely.  As D10 said earlier in April the 85 is a Warwickshire contract so the route and timetable are up to the County Council.

NX Coventry could decide to extend the service commercially to the station, but it is very unlikely that loadings would be good enough for that.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Some news spreading round the garage like wild fire at the moment is us pulling out of the 85 (plus 24&25). Rumors are August. As I say only a rumor at the moment 

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on February 21, 2024, 02:07:18 AMSome news spreading round the garage like wild fire at the moment is us pulling out of the 85 (plus 24&25). Rumors are August. As I say only a rumor at the moment
If so, this could give SC yet another small gain of services in the Coventry patch?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk