News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Why not NXC Bendibuses on the foleshill route ?

Started by Daniel541, February 25, 2013, 05:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel541

20 20A 20E need more capacity in the Single Decker. 20/A/E always full the seat or stand around peak times. I suggest Bendi on the 20 20A 20E could be more capacity.

richie

Not a bad idea they could remove the Scania bendis at PB in the north Birmingham bus review and redeploy them to Coventry

Daniel541

Great ideas, Coventry drivers would be very happy to receive from PB Scanias Artics. 65 and 67 should receive a new Artics.

PM

Quote from: Daniel541 on February 25, 2013, 06:56:23 PM
Great ideas, Coventry drivers would be very happy to receive from PB Scanias Artics. 65 and 67 should receive a new Artics.

Doubt NX would buy any more artics apparently talking to a perry barr driver no-one wants to drive them!!!

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on February 25, 2013, 06:58:31 PM
Quote from: Daniel541 on February 25, 2013, 06:56:23 PM

Doubt NX would buy any more artics apparently talking to a perry barr driver no-one wants to drive them!!!

Artics now seem to be a passing fad in the UK

tank90

I dont see why tho, they carry more passengers than a Double Decker.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

Quote from: tank90 on February 25, 2013, 07:05:00 PM

Passengers do not want to have to stand, drivers dislike them, cyclists and the public hate them and they take up a lot more road space and garage space.

Sh4318

Quote from: tank90 on February 25, 2013, 07:05:00 PM

I can imagine them being frustrating for corners and maintenance, at PB the artics aren't used on Sunday
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ash

Also I believe they are very poor on fuel could be wrong but don't the citaro bendi's at Coventry average around 5 miles to the gallon.

Stu

Give it another couple of of years and the bendibuses will all be gone.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ash

Quote from: Stu on February 25, 2013, 07:59:45 PM
Give it another couple of of years and the bendibuses will all be gone.

The citaro bendi buses at Coventry are probably some of the best buses I have ever traveled on I can't believe there 10 years old and don't even vibrate slightly when stationary but probably due to the excellent build quality and rarely seem to break down.

Daniel541

Tank90- I do know! Double Decker can't use on the 20E or 20 due to lower Bridge is 13 metre and 15 metre.
Cov drivers say" Bendibuses still using in the future and won't all be gone". Wait to see what happen bendibuses in the future!

Tony

Quote from: Daniel541 on February 25, 2013, 08:32:42 PM
Tank90- I do know! Double Decker can't use on the 20E or 20 due to lower Bridge is 13 metre and 15 metre.
Cov drivers say" Bendibuses still using in the future and won't all be gone". Wait to see what happen bendibuses in the future!

Bendibuses are fuel guzzling space wasters. Yes the Citaros are very nice buses, and I liked driving the Scanias as well, but I don't think they will have much life left in the West Midlands

JoNi

This second batch of Bendibuses came to Coventry for use on the station service at request of council when they were the fad of the moment and tey don't even go there any more. Mind you one on the 27 still appears on the council web site in the buses section!

There are enough spare buses that only need to be used during Monday to Friday daytime. You could easily change over the three needed in the evening and save fuel as other buses terminate close to both ends of the 4 and run empty to the bus garage.

Daniel541

Mercedes Citaro G Hybrid B Tech will be save the fuels.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk