News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chase Bus

Started by Michael Bevan, August 25, 2016, 07:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justlookingaround

Quote from: Chase_Bus on March 18, 2017, 01:58:02 AM
The only thing I can tell you 100% is that we aim to be up and running by September and will announce more information about the final plans nearer the date. I have already been messed around by fake "investors" who just want to know my plans. Arriva have already registered one of my planned routes because of this, which was expected - Hence the lack of information and constant change of plans, to keep them wondering what's going on.
This is why you keep things to yourself and not tell everyone and anyone about any sort of plan. The industry is full of rats that will gladly take advantage of a situation if it is found out.

I commend you for at least trying to get the ball rolling and setting up a bus company in the difficult climate that it faces today. It's worth a shot if you have the right finances and capability to do so, just make sure you have something to fall back on if things don't work out.

That being said I wouldn't have gone with an Optare Excel myself given their notorious history of being completely unreliable most of the time but that's your call, there are some that actually work well, most are complete buckets. Not the worst bus you could buy though, Plaxton Primos are around and they are cheap for a reason...avoid them at all costs.

mranon

as for bus choice, what other options have they got within reasonable financial constraints? its virtually dennis dart, its newer e200 sibling but maybe out of reach for a first bus, or Volvo b6 and optare stuff. think the excel 2 had a merc engine and some operators have said they are better. least they have reasonable sized wheels for a bus lol. if you got a yard sorted, I would get it shifted.

Chase_Bus

Honestly it is in pretty good condition for it's age, she definitely shifts I'll give her that.

Trent Barton seemed to keep her in excellent condition though and I think it was given a complete refurbishment a few years ago if I'm not mistaken.
Managing Director for ChaseBus Limited. ashley.fellows@chasebus.co.uk

Steveminor

There is no requirement to get any vehicle before applying for a license.

Chase_Bus

Quote from: Steveminor on March 19, 2017, 06:36:36 AM
There is no requirement to get any vehicle before applying for a license.

Unfortunately you do apparantly, I applied for mine and it was denied on the basis that I didn't have "Enough vehicles to perform required operations"

Steveminor

I have held my own licence and there was no requirement to actually have a vehicle before it was granted only to have sufficient financial standing after vehicles were purchased.

justlookingaround

Quote from: Chase_Bus on March 19, 2017, 05:32:15 PM
Unfortunately you do apparantly, I applied for mine and it was denied on the basis that I didn't have "Enough vehicles to perform required operations"
If you applied for a license, it would show up on Notices and Proceedings as well as the Find lorry and bus operators website. I don't see anything that points to your license being applied for, let alone refused.

You are welcome to prove me wrong though. I just feel right now that something just isn't adding up here.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: justlookingaround on March 19, 2017, 08:13:51 PM
I just feel right now that something just isn't adding up here.

Cynic   ;)

Chase_Bus

Everything will become clear very soon I can assure you of that :)

Grinder

I see that the bus is still in the lay by on the A449, doesn't appear to have moved in 2 months. 

mranon

it has, its been reversed or moved to the rear end of the layby. a snack van has appeared where it was originally parked. surprised it hasn't attracted some attention by now

Chase_Bus

Quote from: Grinder on April 15, 2017, 03:56:15 PM
I see that the bus is still in the lay by on the A449, doesn't appear to have moved in 2 months.

We actually take her out daily, there is someone up there all the time when she is in the layby. It is being moved in 3-4 days :)

Busman Jamie

Trees do a good job acting as security lol

mranon

Quote from: Chase_Bus on April 22, 2017, 03:37:26 AM
We actually take her out daily, there is someone up there all the time when she is in the layby. It is being moved in 3-4 days :)

that's funny, you must be good at parking it in exactly same spot every day lol. how you have got away with leaving it there and not either getting bother from dvsa/police or worse vandalism god only knows.

Chase_Bus

Quote from: mranon on April 22, 2017, 10:01:28 PM
that's funny, you must be good at parking it in exactly same spot every day lol. how you have got away with leaving it there and not either getting bother from dvsa/police or worse vandalism god only knows.

I park my car up behind her to ensure shes got a spot when we bring her back. Also we aren't doing anything illegal as there are no signs stating any rules or regulations and as the vehicle has MOT/TAX/Insurance.

But do not worry as she is being moved to our new unit this week along with our 2 new buses :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk