News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Solihull Bus Service Changes - Consultation.

Started by 2206, September 26, 2018, 04:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: MW on February 28, 2019, 07:38:46 AM
Map also states that the A3 terminates at both Dorridge & Box Trees/Hockley Heath.

Certain A3 journeys do continue to Hockley Heath:
https://www.landflight.co.uk/bus-services/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Busmapper

This story explains why we have the A7W & A8W variants. Basically a concession to those opposed to the daytime routing, though quite what the issue with sending a total of two buses an hour up or down Alderminster Road is I'm struggling to see. I can think of so many other less suited roads that non-the-less accommodate a bus route. I wonder if once those opposed surely see what a non big deal it is they'll be less noise should all journeys be proposed to be routed that way in future.

Liberator9

Reminds me of when NX introduced the S2/S3 and Monastery Drive was used briefly at the start in the Olton area - after a few incidences of people refusing to remove their cars the S2/S3 were routed away!

http://www.solihullnews.net/news/local-news/pensioner-protest-after-new-bus-6052656

Haven't used the Landflight route yet but miss the simplicity of the old 40A/40C circular NX used to run until 2009 which was every 30 minutes. Seems a while now since NX days with the old Volvos on the route.

MW

More changes due in Solihull.

Make the most of the A3, A5, A6 & A12 in their current form!

Solo1

Quote from: MW on April 19, 2019, 10:02:18 PM

when are they changing as someone in knowle uses the. Bus a lot

Matt.N0056

A3 is changing from 29th April.

Will be rerouted to serve Bentley Heath, ommiting part of Station Road instead serving Widney Rd, Slater Rd, Mill Ln & Poplar Road. Timetable changes aswell, still roughly hourly frequency.

Solo1

what are the changes to the above 

MW

And the proposed changes are finally published.

http://socsi.in/pcDe0

In summary, the routes will become...

A3 Solihull to Dorridge via Widney Manor/Bentley Heath (currently served by A7/A8 & prior to that; S2) A3W will serve Alderminster Road.

A5 Solihull to Cheswick Green via Dickens Heath (combining A5/A6; previously S2/S3). This change reduces PVR by 1.

A6 withdrawn.

A7/A8 will now serve Copt Heath & Knowle, restoring the connection between Solihull & Hockley Heath via Knowle. A much needed change. Route will be the same as the old S3; albeit at a lower frequency of every hour. It'll mean Knowle will get it's late evening service again. Journey time reduced from 90 mins to less than 60 mins thus lowering the PVR by 1.

Two buses saved by these changes. Two buses needed for the A12 I hear...

Solo1

Kevin

Quote from: Solo1 on July 04, 2019, 06:48:44 AM
Where the A12 info as it seems missing

A12 just a change of operator surely? So no info required on this scale
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

windy miller

Quote from: Kevin on July 04, 2019, 08:29:19 AM
A12 just a change of operator surely? So no info required on this scale

...I spent almost an hour in knowle on Thursday and There seemed to be no end of (white)
   Enviro's  floating around clearly branded  "Land flight"  ?? have these (68reg) buses been absorbed by Johnson's? or are they a new franchise?  I think they may be similar to the recent BC acquisitions
  765-767 ?......   possibly working A6?/A8 services to/from solihull?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

MW

Quote from: windy miller on August 02, 2019, 02:08:04 AM
...I spent almost an hour in knowle on Thursday and There seemed to be no end of (white)
   Enviro's  floating around clearly branded  "Land flight"  ?? have these (68reg) buses been absorbed by Johnson's? or are they a new franchise?  I think they may be similar to the recent BC acquisitions
  765-767 ?......   possibly working A6?/A8 services to/from solihull?

Silverline LandFlight Ltd trading as LandFlight.

According to Companies House, they were incorporated in 1994, although I believe they were around before that. Primarily operate a coach/chauffeuring service and have only dabbled in bus services, although before Diamond entered the Solihull market in 2010, LandFlight (then Silverline) operated between Solihull/Dorridge/Knowle. 2006/7/8 I think. So yeah, they've been around a while.

Johnson's have actually been operating the A6 over the last fortnight on behalf of LandFlight due to driver shortages. YW68PFE was on loan to Johnson's. If you paid attention, the driver was actually in Johnson's uniform. A number of ex Diamond (Signature) drivers have now joined and they're now fully staffed.

Noticed loads of TFWM staff getting on buses on Blossomfield Road and Lode Lane,, counting passenger numbers going to the Town Centre for the past few days.
Any reason why they are doing it?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: 2206 on September 11, 2019, 12:31:57 PM
Noticed loads of TFWM staff getting on buses on Blossomfield Road and Lode Lane,, counting passenger numbers going to the Town Centre for the past few days.
Any reason why they are doing it?

Something they do every year for a week or so

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk