News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on October 31, 2015, 08:43:00 PM
@Winston true, but I assumed they would be included anyway. 3 or 5 years sounds about right so maybe it could be next year. Someone from diamond didnsayvwheb they were up, but I've completely forgot!

@Matt.N0056 You could find the revised tender bid included for the 82 to be taken commercial (if it wasn't already), the 82's loadings suggest it would be possible. Not sure on the 88?

I reckon the Signature routes listed might be up for re-tender next year?

Liberator9

The S3 and 82 would probably manage commercially from what I've heard - the S2/4 would need Centro still. Not sure regarding the 88. Will have to wait and see.

@Matt.N0056

Thought there were two missing! Except I didn't wait long enough to deem it not turning up - caught the S20 instead - wow, they really were down then!

Matt.N0056

@Liberator9 would have jumped on and drove one myself. If only I had my cpc!

Liberator9

@Matt.N0056

Haha - wish you could've - assume Redditch suffering driver shortages.

Matt.N0056

@Liberator9 it seems that way. More services moved over and I suppose drivers gone elsewhere!

Kevin

It's just been pointed out to me that Diamond are still running the 66A
Check online and yeah there is a timetable for every half hour on Sunday's between Erdington and Sutton.

Every half hour...

...The weekday service along that route has now been reduced to hourly...

I just.... Wow....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

Saw a red Wright Eclipse pass me on the Stratford Road, no logos on, while I was waiting for the 37. It was then parked up in Acocks Green village at the stand next to the pub, where I could see the fleetnumber '862', found it on Tony's fleetlist as '30862' BU08MTE. Didn't have any logo on the front, unlike in Tony's last pic of it.

This would have been around 6:30pm when I got back to the village, no idea why it would be round here at this time of day.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on November 02, 2015, 06:54:06 PM
Saw a red Wright Eclipse pass me on the Stratford Road, no logos on, while I was waiting for the 37. It was then parked up in Acocks Green village at the stand next to the pub, where I could see the fleetnumber '862', found it on Tony's fleetlist as '30862' BU08MTE. Didn't have any logo on the front, unlike in Tony's last pic of it.

This would have been around 6:30pm when I got back to the village, no idea why it would be round here at this time of day.
Could have been on the 36 @Stu
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on November 02, 2015, 07:07:08 PM
Could have been on the 36 @Stu

It wasn't on the 36, because it passed me on the Stratford Road in Sparkbrook, coming from Camp Hill island (the 36 doesn't go up there). It was showing 'Sorry Not In Service' when I saw it in Sparkbrook, but the displays were blank when I saw it later in Acocks Green.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

This red Eclipse was annoyingly parked in a spot I wanted to park my bus and use the toilets in that pub. I was on the 11C.

Trident 4194

@Simon Dunn

Please tell your drivers the correct route on the 142, as it varies everyday, and please make it more reliable, it is stupid time tabling, I could create a better one myself.

A man asked supervisor in halesowen where the 142 is. He said" how long have you been using the 142? It's the most unreliable bus service in the West Midlands".

I don't like to moan but changes need to be made quickly. Solos are a good sign on the route, and I'm sure the route can be successful.

30813 is back at tividale

Will

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 06, 2015, 06:17:25 PM
@Simon Dunn

Please tell your drivers the correct route on the 142, as it varies everyday, and please make it more reliable, it is stupid time tabling, I could create a better one myself.

A man asked supervisor in halesowen where the 142 is. He said" how long have you been using the 142? It's the most unreliable bus service in the West Midlands".

I don't like to moan but changes need to be made quickly. Solos are a good sign on the route, and I'm sure the route can be successful.

30813 is back at tividale

It was never unreliable when at Kidderminster mate I assure you of that as it was driven by quality Kidderminster drivers as 5 of them I'm very good friends with
Stourbridge   125

Matt.N0056

Has somebody messed up the bus stop locations in Solihull Rail Station from the 15th? 3S3 to Hockley Heath & S4 using Stand A, so they will have to double back around the station!

20847 is on the 30 today not seen one of them on there for a while now
Near Acocks Green at about 15:15
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Does anybody know which operator is taking over the 53 service, Erdington to Smiths Wood from 15/11.
Can't find any info on anyone's website. I did tweet NetworkWM this morning, but so far no reply as yet.
Running out of operators to run this route. Would it be WMSNT?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk