News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 08, 2015, 02:23:31 PM
@StourportSam they usually display that when the bus needs some attention by the mechanics when they get to depot

@the trainbasher - I've known some Kidderminster drivers display it instead of "Sorry! I'm Not In Service" although as it is I prefer the latter!
Stourbridge   125

Solo1

4. PD0001374/259 - DIAMOND BUS LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Variation Accepted: Operating between Merry Hill Centre and Weoley Castle given service number 002 effective from 14-Dec-2015. To amend Timetable.

Will

Me and a mate of mine decided to have a ride over to Long Acre yesterday evening to see if there was much activity going on as this is the penultimate week of operations at Long Acre as it closes at the end of next week and from then everything else that isn't already will be Tividale operated nothing was noted on my vist with my mate we looked over the wall and most of the dead/scrap buses have gone the only remaining buses that are present include

20571 (W571 JVV)
30902 (W902 JNF)
20533 (X372 CUY)
30904 (W904 JNF)
30384 (V384 SVV)
un-identifiable Red & White liveried long Dart

3x former Metro Bus Double Deckers
un-identifiable Plaxton Centro
54-plate Wessex Connect liveried (Blue & Silver) Dart with a 'Diamond' sticker on the front
a South Lancashire Travel liveried Optare Solo

Stourbridge   125

James4368

Passed Long Acre today
and noticed a UID Preston Bus Citaro parked up

anyone know what it was?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

winston

Quote from: James4368 on October 28, 2015, 05:49:26 PM
Passed Long Acre today
and noticed a UID Preston Bus Citaro parked up

anyone know what it was?

Either one of these 2 ex Yourbus examples
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67444577@N02/22150463878/in/dateposted/

or the third one off those acquired

jc

One of the Former Yourbus Citaros has made it to Preston, also present this morning was the long standing example, so must have been one of the former Yourbus ones you saw

s94

Quote from: Solo1 on October 21, 2015, 03:33:37 PM
4. PD0001374/259 - DIAMOND BUS LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Variation Accepted: Operating between Merry Hill Centre and Weoley Castle given service number 002 effective from 14-Dec-2015. To amend Timetable.
Late night Christmas shopping journeys like last year again?

Liberator9

Any idea when the contracts are up for the Signature services - back of my head says June 2017? Honestly getting sick of the unreliability of the service - use Johnsons whenever possible as they actually use far better buses (Scanias and Tempos) and actually run to schedule.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 31, 2015, 03:17:26 PM
Any idea when the contracts are up for the Signature services - back of my head says June 2017? Honestly getting sick of the unreliability of the service - use Johnsons whenever possible as they actually use far better buses (Scanias and Tempos) and actually run to schedule.

2017 is about right. Probably be in the October tenders though? Noticed they had a few 'probelms' today! It seems to be most Saturday's!

Stu

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on October 31, 2015, 06:40:02 PM
2017 is about right. Probably be in the October tenders though? Noticed they had a few 'probelms' today! It seems to be most Saturday's!

I noticed three of their buses parked up in Acocks Green village earlier this afternoon, not sure why as they only have two services (30 and 36)! Solo and two Darts, one of which did have 30 showing on the rear display, presume one of the others must have been on the 36. Not sure if it was related, but there appeared to be a police car parked in front of the pub.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

@Matt.N0056

Thanks! Thought it was - could well be in the October tenders - just that the tenders in the past have been June 2010 and June 2013 - ask me, too generous letting them have until 2017 - much rather Johnsons ran the Signature services.

Yeah they certainly did have problems today - S2/4 for example was a bus down. Good job I had the S20 to rely on - nice to have the Scania on that. They had a Dart parked up at Solihull Station yesterday afternoon at the 30/S2 stop - there mid afternoon and still there after 1 1/2 hours - just empty; no driver with door open.

winston

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 31, 2015, 07:18:07 PM
@Matt.N0056

Thanks! Thought it was - could well be in the October tenders - just that the tenders in the past have been June 2010 and June 2013 - ask me, too generous letting them have until 2017 - much rather Johnsons ran the Signature services.

Yeah they certainly did have problems today - S2/4 for example was a bus down. Good job I had the S20 to rely on - nice to have the Scania on that. They had a Dart parked up at Solihull Station yesterday afternoon at the 30/S2 stop - there mid afternoon and still there after 1 1/2 hours - just empty; no driver with door open.

Are you sure they are even still tendered?

Didn't Central Buses win the tenders initially last time around? Diamond may have taken some/all Signature services commercial to retain the routes

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 31, 2015, 07:18:07 PM
@Matt.N0056

@Liberator9 not just one but 2 buses down this morning! Later that seemed to be sorted but the others were having problems!

Quote from: Winston on October 31, 2015, 07:23:00 PM
Are you sure they are even still tendered?

Didn't Central Buses win the tenders initially last time around? Diamond may have taken some/all Signature services commercial to retain the routes

@Winston
I believe they are, remember seeing them on one of the centro contract outcomes, as one contract. I'm nto sure what happened with the Central Buses registrations

EDIT: the tender outcome

winston

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on October 31, 2015, 07:54:29 PM
EDIT: the tender outcome

@Matt.N0056 Fair play on the tender outcomes, but you will notice that the 82 isn't  included. Neither is the 88 but it the S8 on the outcomes?

I'd have thought the contracts would be for either 3 or 5 years

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Winston on October 31, 2015, 08:38:25 PM
@Matt.N0056 Fair play on the tender outcomes, but you will notice that the 82 isn't  included. Neither is the 88 but it the S8 on the outcomes?

I'd have thought the contracts would be for either 3 or 5 years

@Winston true, but I assumed they would be included anyway. 3 or 5 years sounds about right so maybe it could be next year. Someone from diamond didnsayvwheb they were up, but I've completely forgot!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk