News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Recent posts

431 - WN4
435 - WN69
Quote from: Stu on May 16, 2024, 07:02:17 PMBirmingham City Council missed a trick years ago by not investing in park-and-ride sites dotted around the middle ring road, ahead of demolishing city centre car parks. We now have the ridiculous situation where the two remaining multi-storey car parks at the Bullring and Moor Street are regularly full on Saturdays, and because they are located on a main entry and exit point for buses to/from Moor Street Queensway, the resulting congestion from drivers queuing to get into these car parks causes the buses to also get stuck and delayed.

I agree I think Birmingham missed a trick by not introducing Bus park and rides. I think it would definitely ease congestion if it were set up right, with the right service and cost. Down here in Bristol, there's four park and rides. Stagecoach run services from Portway and Brisington Park and ride, whilst Metrobus( run by First WOE) operate from Long Ashton and Lyde Green. All four of them are well located not far from motorways and are only £4 return with free parking. I do wonder what it would be like without them. Parking is £3.50 an hour in alot of city centre car parks.

There needs to be a thought about tourists that visit Birmingham and the West Midlands that don't want the hassle of driving in a busy city and trying to find parking. Having a bus park and ride could attract more people to the region hence boosting the local economy and long term it would improve the inner city congestion. Surely the new mayor should look at it. 
National Express West Midlands / Re: Route Branded Buses off Ro...
Last post by Sh4318 - Yesterday at 05:00:01 PM
4468 (97) - 61/63
4723 (35) - 2/3
6124 (Outer Circle) - 4/4A
6133 (Outer Circle) - 5
E002, E015, E019 (6) - 50
6978 (82 87 branded) on the 80.
Quote from: Tony on Yesterday at 10:50:56 AMSoho Road has never been a dual carriageway
Oh it just looks like it might have been but that makes sense
QuoteForget Bus lanes but motorists park all down the side of The A41 Holyhead/Soho Road which I'm sure is supposed to be a dualcarriageway or many years ago was. They want a crosscity route down there good luck with that it is one the biggest bottlenecks that side of the city. It is why the 79 doesn't go from Wolverhampton to Birmingham and why the 74 takes almost 40 minutes from West Brom to Birmingham
Soho road is a single carriageway, for it to be a dual carriageway it needs a natural/manmade division like a motorway (is a dual carriageway)
The rear drivers side indicator is playing up at the top part of it randomly flickers.
National Express West Midlands / Re: Vehicles seen in service, ...
Last post by Jack - Yesterday at 12:54:01 PM
5411 not tracking on the 79.
2018 not tracking on the 1.
Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on Yesterday at 10:49:29 AMForget Bus lanes but motorists park all down the side of The A41 Holyhead/Soho Road which I'm sure is supposed to be a dualcarriageway or many years ago was. They want a crosscity route down there good luck with that it is one the biggest bottlenecks that side of the city. It is why the 79 doesn't go from Wolverhampton to Birmingham and why the 74 takes almost 40 minutes from West Brom to Birmingham
Soho Road has never been a dual carriageway 
Quote from: cardew on Yesterday at 10:09:51 AMAs is the blue route section of the Bristol Road, other older ones are painfully bad (Stratford Road in Shirley for example).

Yes some cyclists are inconsiderate, some selfish motorists park in bus lanes rather than in a side street or a car park.
Forget Bus lanes but motorists park all down the side of The A41 Holyhead/Soho Road which I'm sure is supposed to be a dualcarriageway or many years ago was. They want a crosscity route down there good luck with that it is one the biggest bottlenecks that side of the city. It is why the 79 doesn't go from Wolverhampton to Birmingham and why the 74 takes almost 40 minutes from West Brom to Birmingham 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk