News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service 29 vandalism and anti-social behaviour affecting Walsall buses

Started by I love Walsall buses, October 25, 2021, 07:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on October 29, 2021, 01:06:33 PM
I noticed it wasn't flagged on Twitter last night, & it was before 'closedown ' for the night as well!

Are they behaving themselves on the Wolves 11 at the moment, as I've seen nothing about that for a few weeks?
I Heard the WN 8 gets it but not as much as this and also the WA 41 is starting to get it abit more now aswell

Stu

I have split off these posts regarding the issues with the 29, as this is worthy of its own topic and more detailed discussion.

If anyone has any photos or testimony they wish to share, I would be happy to put together an article for my WMBU website.

Clearly this is becoming a major problem, and as stated already, it is only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured.

But before rushing to judgements, it is important to build up a 'fuller picture'.

I would hope that all of these instances of vehicles being attacked and vandalised have been duly reported to West Midlands Police by National Express. Equally if there is cause for concern to divert or pull this service at short notice, then the Traffic Commissioner will also need to be informed, and if the service is supported financially by TfWM, they would also need to be informed.

It is my opinion that if the police are failing to take action and respond to these regularly occuring incidents, then I would fully support NX Bus if they decided to revise the evening 29 service to avoid these trouble spots.

Any local residents who would object to this should direct their ire towards the members of their own community who have caused this to happen. Get local councillors and MPs involved too, that's what they're there for after all.

It is  very sad reflection on society today where a minority of people think this kind of activity or behaviour is somehow 'acceptable', or passes for some kind of 'entertainment'.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on October 29, 2021, 05:22:07 PM
I have split off these posts regarding the issues with the 29, as this is worthy of its own topic and more detailed discussion.

If anyone has any photos or testimony they wish to share, I would be happy to put together an article for my WMBU website.

Clearly this is becoming a major problem, and as stated already, it is only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured.

But before rushing to judgements, it is important to build up a 'fuller picture'.

I would hope that all of these instances of vehicles being attacked and vandalised have been duly reported to West Midlands Police by National Express. Equally if there is cause for concern to divert or pull this service at short notice, then the Traffic Commissioner will also need to be informed, and if the service is supported financially by TfWM, they would also need to be informed.

It is my opinion that if the police are failing to take action and respond to these regularly occuring incidents, then I would fully support NX Bus if they decided to revise the evening 29 service to avoid these trouble spots.

Any local residents who would object to this should direct their ire towards the members of their own community who have caused this to happen. Get local councillors and MPs involved too, that's what they're there for after all.

It is  very sad reflection on society today where a minority of people think this kind of activity or behaviour is somehow 'acceptable', or passes for some kind of 'entertainment'.
The people breaking them should also be sent the bill to pay for the new windows. 

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

A minor point.

The title either does need revising to read 'Walsall 29 etc', so not to confuse with other 29's in the area, or if other spots of vandalism are noted on other routes, a more generic title is needed.

Just my opinion.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on October 29, 2021, 05:34:30 PM
The people breaking them should also be sent the bill to pay for the new windows.

But this is all part of the 'societal problem' really.

The police could issue all the 'fines' and 'cautions' and slaps on the wrists that they like.

The perpetrators will be youths, and their parents will be on low-incomes or in receipt of benefits.

Even if the parents could be held accountable for the actions of their offspring, they would never be able to afford to pay back the cost of the damages entailed.

When I was a kid, if I had ever done anything that resulted in the police coming to our door, my parents would have been down on me like a ton of bricks. Sadly nowadays, a generation of feral kids have bred a new generation of feral kids, where no-one has any understanding of moral decency, so this kind of activity is seen as a 'badge of honour'.
My locals:

Stu

Quote from: Westy on October 29, 2021, 06:41:57 PM
A minor point.

The title either does need revising to read 'Walsall 29 etc', so not to confuse with other 29's in the area, or if other spots of vandalism are noted on other routes, a more generic title is needed.

Just my opinion.

Duly noted, but there is only one 29 service in the West Midlands area.
My locals:

Quote from: Stu on October 29, 2021, 06:44:19 PM
But this is all part of the 'societal problem' really.

The police could issue all the 'fines' and 'cautions' and slaps on the wrists that they like.

The perpetrators will be youths, and their parents will be on low-incomes or in receipt of benefits.

Even if the parents could be held accountable for the actions of their offspring, they would never be able to afford to pay back the cost of the damages entailed.

When I was a kid, if I had ever done anything that resulted in the police coming to our door, my parents would have been down on me like a ton of bricks. Sadly nowadays, a generation of feral kids have bred a new generation of feral kids, where no-one has any understanding of moral decency, so this kind of activity is seen as a 'badge of honour'.
They should still be made to pay it back. Even if in smaller amounts per week/month.
Quote from: Westy on October 29, 2021, 06:53:53 PM
Thought there was one over Brum.
Withdrawn and replaced in part by the 76 @Westy .
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Quote from: Stu on October 29, 2021, 06:46:31 PM
Duly noted, but there is only one 29 service in the West Midlands area.

Thought there was one over Brum.

Can't keep up with this renumbering!

Westy

Anyone with a long memory remember a programme on ITV around 20 odd years ago called The Big Story.

There was one episode that featured the Coalpool area, with people basically doing anti social behaviour.

They put a family in undercover & after a few days, they had to bolt out.

Things haven't changed much down there, it appears.

I showed an old school mate a tape of the show, as he had relatives down there & despite the blurring of the faces, he recognised most of them!

I love Walsall buses

Carrying on from the Walsall Thread it seems from what i can see these group of youths have gathered around the bus stop and as a guess the drivers have noticed them and radioed in and before they strike it has a resulted in this Diversion again i wonder if they will continue this during the weekend

Westy

It's a good job there's no problems with Bloxwich Road, like there was recently with roadworks, as there would be 2 sets of services affected , rather than just one.

I love Walsall buses

Just been informed that this diversion will occur every Night 6pm Until Further Notice

Westy

Well lets hope the locals get involved in sorting out the little scrotes, if the police can't!

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on October 29, 2021, 07:46:43 PM
Well lets hope the locals get involved in sorting out the little scrotes, if the police can't!
This has certainly ruined my plans with family but i understand that safety does come first

I love Walsall buses

Couldnt the diversion serve harden road and loop round the island and then serve walker road and carry on normal line of route as i csnt see people walking all the way up to the top from the bottom oh harden road to walker road

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk