News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

which...

Started by Dylan4579, May 29, 2013, 08:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

depot deserves new buses the most?

Wolverhampton
Walsall
Pensnett
West Bromwich
Birmingham Central
Perry Barr
Coventry
Bordersely Green
Acocks Green
Dundee
Yardley Wood

wbdriver

you can probably work out which one i voted for......... bit biased being how i work at the garage.

seriously, i agree with no new deckers at WB but we need replacements for the B6, Mercs and Darts as they can't have long left.

more enviro 200s please - best buses at the garage!
an empty bus is a happy driver.

mranon

i voted for wn, they may have had 21 hybrids, and 30 b7rles, but it still has many unreliable mercs and spectras, plus the trusty old solos replaced with b6s which spend more time off road than on. wn need some new buses to replace b6s especially.

uniquicity

Quote from: mranon on May 30, 2013, 08:28:57 PM
i voted for wn, they may have had 21 hybrids, and 30 b7rles, but it still has many unreliable mercs and spectras, plus the trusty old solos replaced with b6s which spend more time off road than on. wn need some new buses to replace b6s especially.

49 B7RLE. 2001-29 and 2059-77.

Trident 4609

Quote from: mranon on May 30, 2013, 08:28:57 PM

Well if i was going on my local garage then i would say WN. On my local route the 59 there is NX's oldest Double Deckers in service (Spectras) and one of the newest (Hybrids)

Stu

My local garage is Acocks Green, and while its nice they've got so many nice brand-new and newish buses, it would be nice to see an influx of new double-decks to replace the ageing Presidents on the 11 Outer Circle service.

The irony is that the route was upgraded back in 2004(?-ish) with brand new Geminis at the time replacing Metrobuses, but now nearly ten years later, this route has now been 'upgraded' with older refurbished buses from 1998!

While I must add I have no problem with the Presidents, and the recently refurbished examples look fantastic, they could still spend another couple of years with the company in service elsewhere, and surely the Outer Circle as a flagship route is deserving of newer buses.

I accept this is not going to happen this year, but I hope this could be addressed next year, or at least before 2016, when the 11 celebrates its 90th birthday!

In the meantime, my vote went to Birmingham Central garage. Centro's 'Smarter Network' project includes improvements on the 'South Birmingham Technology Corridor' routes, which includes the Pershore Road and Bristol Road services, so I would not be surprised to see new bus investment on these bus routes this year, as with the removal of the Enviro400s and Presidents, Birmingham Central have been mostly left with elderly Tridents, which like the Presidents could still yet see several years of service within the group, but are not quite befitting to important arterial routes out of the city centre.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

nitromatt1

Don't give Pensnett any new buses I don't want them!! Wouldn't change our fleet from how it is at the moment

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk