News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Outer Circle making a comeback?

Started by JPC, February 13, 2019, 11:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPC

A new registration....

PD0000116/185 Registered
MIKE DE COURCEY TRAVEL LTD
Route: Arena Retail Park to Arena Retail Park via Wyken, University Hospital, Willenhall, Cheylesmore, Cannon Park, Uni of Warwick, Tile Hill North, Eastern Green, Coundon.
Service number: 60 (61A, 61S, 61, 60A, 60S)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 24 Mar 2019

The existing registrations for services 60 and 61 are cancelled from same date and 43/A is deleted from the 43/A/W registration.

I hazard a guess the Coventry Outer Circle/City Circle is making a comeback as service 60 Clockwise and service 61 Anti-Clockwise, 60A/61A variant omitting JLR Whitley, 60S/61S variant via Bennetts Rd (for Newman School).  Schedule might simply be identical to current 60 timetable but with extension latched on hourly Mon-Sat daytime and probably still interworks with service 703.

Sandy Lane

A good news story for me.
Didnt MDC claim this was the longest fare stage route in europe or something?

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 14, 2019, 05:51:27 PM
A good news story for me.
Didnt MDC claim this was the longest fare stage route in europe or something?

Longest urban area route. There are much longer routes in existence like the XL from Peterborough to Norwich for example

paulb1973

I've kept a few notes on De Courcey's 801 (later 360A/C) - there's been a few changes since they took over from NXC:

*Service 801 to be operated by Travel De Courcey by 21st October 2012 and extended to Eastern Green replacing in-part services 43/43A.

*Route 801 to be further extended to cover services 701 & 704 [and Schools service 95] from 9th June 2013. To miss-out Allesley Park terminus and use Keresley Rd and The Scotchill and not Wallace Rd. This outer orbital/circular service is renumbered 360a/360c, at same time associated route 703 is heavily amended running University Hospital – Arena Tesco via Potters Green, Wood End and Alderman's Green.

*On 24th July 2016 Travel De Courcey circular routes 360a/360c will be withdrawn and part-replaced by new services 43 (Eastern Green – University of Warwick), 60 (University of Warwick – Arena Park via Cheylesmore, Willenhall, Binley, Wyken & Little Heath) & 61 (Allesley Park – Arena Park).

JPC

The new timetable + map for Coventry Circle 60/61 is now posted on a public facebook group...

Link : here

If you don't have a facebook account, direct link to document is : here

JPC

Westwood Academy have indicated the 60 journey which was planned to pass the school at 1507 has been retimed to 1520, presumably split at nearby University Interchange into two separate journeys,  I assume this is the reason why Traveline isn't generating the timetable at present.

JPC

TDC have now issued their tweaked version of the timetable...

so disregard the previous version posted a few days ago (I'm unable to amend/delete the post).

paulb1973

Will the new 60/61 etc see the end of these services? (assuming they all still run) :

43/43a Cannon Park/University of Warwick - Eastern Green
43s University of Warwick – Chapelfields
43w University of Warwick – Radford via Tile Hill, Eastern Green and Whoberley

JPC

Quote from: paulb1973 on March 19, 2019, 04:03:04 PM
Will the new 60/61 etc see the end of these services? (assuming they all still run) :

The registration indicates only the 43W will continue to run - a service aimed at UoW employees (on a part time shift) loosely similar to the 43A route.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on March 19, 2019, 07:21:29 PM
The registration indicates only the 43W will continue to run - a service aimed at UoW employees (on a part time shift) loosely similar to the 43A route.

Ah right, the 43/43a had it still run [the changes are from 24/3/19] would have duplicated a lot of the new 60/61, so that makes sense if only the 43w remains.

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Sandy Lane

Has anyone claimed to have done the full circle yet?

Kevin

Quote from: Sandy Lane on April 08, 2019, 08:37:38 PM
Has anyone claimed to have done the full circle yet?

As in ridden it? I did the full 360 back when that was existed but I'd be fairly sure I'm not the only one
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stuharris 6360

Does anyone know how this route is doing this time around??
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk