News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Hello all,

Now that I have got my feet under the table in this bit of Arriva Midlands, I thought it would be good to make myself available for questions/comments/suggestions on the forum.

I have already seen quite a few from afar!

I won't be able to answer everything and some things from the past I might not know but will always do my best.

So, over to you.

Thanks, Simon Mathieson.

Bob

Do Arriva plan in investing anything at all in the Cannock operation? In the way of new vehicles? Considering the last time was 4 years ago and half of them were rapidly transferred out.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on June 03, 2018, 09:06:31 PM
Do Arriva plan in investing anything at all in the Cannock operation? In the way of new vehicles? Considering the last time was 4 years ago and half of them were rapidly transferred out.

Hi Bob,

Thanks.

There are some plans that exist and some new ones that I want to develop but nothing is confirmed as yet.  In the meantime the fleet we have needs to be reliable - there is a plan in place for this.

Bob

Hopefully as it hasnt been very reliable in the past

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 03, 2018, 09:11:21 PM
Hi Bob,

Thanks.

There are some plans that exist and some new ones that I want to develop but nothing is confirmed as yet.  In the meantime the fleet we have needs to be reliable - there is a plan in place for this.

Would you be able to elaborate on the plans in place?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on June 03, 2018, 09:15:23 PM
Would you be able to elaborate on the plans in place?

Not really except to say that I am always keen to make sure that we invest in our best routes.

There is other investment being looked at other than new vehicles of course, details to follow when I can give them.

Bob

It has looked like Cannock has suffered declining patronage/axed routes etc with then the knock on effect of new buses transferred away further decline in passengers for a long time. What happened to the Pye Greens was a prime example, brand new buses branded for the service launched with a lot of publicity, to then being a route with literally anything shoved on it. Whikst its ok now that Commanders seem to be permanently allocated, even then, being 7 years older than the new buses bought specifically for the route 4 yrs ago, it still gives it an image of decline. Theyve never been refurbished in 12 years yet nx are refurbing and respraying buses 5/6 years newer than them. Hopefully you'll be able to do something. Even to try and reverse the way the network has contracted over the last few years.

Solo1

Will 3805 ever go on 3 in Walsall thanks

Westy

Can you tell what your loadings are like between Bloxwich & Walsall, especially where you co exist with NX & Diamond, because I never see anyone use your buses on Bloxwich Road, people waiting for NX mainly, then Diamond?

This may more be an issue for TfWM than yourselves, but can't you persuade them to change the tender for the number 2 in Leamore, to turn right, not left, at the KFC & serve Beechdale & Reedswood Retail Park instead?

The section of Leamore Lane you use, there is no bus stops at all, so there is a gap between Addenbrooke Street & Broadstone Avenue(or as your Sapphire buses persist in calling it, Addenbrook Road & Bradstone Avenue!), then it continues the same route as your 1 (& Nx / Diamond!)

I did inform Centro sometime back over this, but obviously, unlike us locals, no one knows the local geography & I was fobbed off with an answer, which showed they had obviously not read the question correctly.

If there is no way they can change the tender, I would like a properly researched answer please.

Bob

Quote from: Westy on June 03, 2018, 10:24:04 PM
Can you tell what your loadings are like between Bloxwich & Walsall, especially where you co exist with NX & Diamond, because I never see anyone use your buses on Bloxwich Road, people waiting for NX mainly, then Diamond?

This may more be an issue for TfWM than yourselves, but can't you persuade them to change the tender for the number 2 in Leamore, to turn right, not left, at the KFC & serve Beechdale & Reedswood Retail Park instead?

The section of Leamore Lane you use, there is no bus stops at all, so there is a gap between Addenbrooke Street & Broadstone Avenue(or as your Sapphire buses persist in calling it, Addenbrook Road & Bradstone Avenue!), then it continues the same route as your 1 (& Nx / Diamond!)

I did inform Centro sometime back over this, but obviously, unlike us locals, no one knows the local geography & I was fobbed off with an answer, which showed they had obviously not read the question correctly.

If there is no way they can change the tender, I would like a properly researched answer please.

And please get rid of the Streetlites! Theyre an embarrasment for a supposedly upmarket service! Awful

leepenfold30

Are Hinckley having any buses brought in to fleet Simon

Whens buses being repainted into new Arriva Blue Livery

BusMan Greg

Are arriva thinking of withdrawing anymore routes run by cannock garage

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Solo1 on June 03, 2018, 09:54:30 PM
Will 3805 ever go on 3 in Walsall thanks

Has it not been on there then?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on June 03, 2018, 10:24:04 PM

Hi,

Thanks for this.  Let me look in to it.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: leepenfold30 on June 04, 2018, 06:19:42 AM
Are Hinckley having any buses brought in to fleet Simon

Whens buses being repainted into new Arriva Blue Livery

Hi,

Not my area anymore so I am not up to speed but there are buses that have gone in to Hinckley from today for the new Coventry tenders.  Not sure on what is happening with the paint colour.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk