News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tphi12000

Quote from: mikestone on January 10, 2021, 09:18:51 PM
According to a list on the Centrebus group MX08DGE, MX08JHM, YX11CTV, FN04HSL, FN04HTC are on loan, along with trainer YJ54CEN, new to Claribells.
Also noticed VA on WMTA licence is now 55 at Cannock and 55 at Adderley Green.
noted the ex Claribells Commander parked in the yard still painted blue and white driving home from work earlier.
Tony

PointerDart

Quote from: Pat on January 11, 2021, 06:27:49 PM
Yes.  Have heard stories of drivers refusing buses because they are 'too slow'.  Now, is that a driver's definition of too slow, or anyone else's?🤣

If it's too slow moving off then surely that would be unsafe to drive?

Pat

Quote from: PointerDart on January 11, 2021, 08:01:32 PM
If it's too slow moving off then surely that would be unsafe to drive?
In the case I was told, the bus was allocated to an inter-urban route that travels along a 60mph road.  I think it was mainly down to the driver's preference more than anything.

PointerDart

Quote from: Pat on January 11, 2021, 08:09:02 PM
In the case I was told, the bus was allocated to an inter-urban route that travels along a 60mph road.  I think it was mainly down to the driver's preference more than anything.

Once had a driver on the 5 in Telford swap a Pulsar for a Streetlite because it could only top 29mph it was that limp!

Tony

Quote from: PointerDart on January 11, 2021, 08:11:00 PM
Once had a driver on the 5 in Telford swap a Pulsar for a Streetlite because it could only top 29mph it was that limp!

If a bus was only capable of 29mph it was probably genuinely in Limp mode. Buses go into limp mode for a reason, and that is because carrying on driving them normally would cause damage because something is seriously wrong, so that seems like a perfectly valid change

MW

I have been stopped by the police whilst driving in service because my bus was dangerously slow. It is a genuine thing folks.

The said bus was topping out between 15-20mph on a National Speed Limit road and I was told to continue in service by the company. I always told the company that this specific bus was dangerously slow. They only took notice after the police stopped me.

PointerDart

Quote from: Tony on January 11, 2021, 08:14:52 PM
If a bus was only capable of 29mph it was probably genuinely in Limp mode. Buses go into limp mode for a reason, and that is because carrying on driving them normally would cause damage because something is seriously wrong, so that seems like a perfectly valid change

Oh absolutely I know I was trying to show that it is perfectly reasonable to swap a bus if it's too slow

Solo1

Are the arriva ones at Cannock  on lease to d&g like the ones at Bolton with diamond or  does d&\,g own the arriva  the arriva ones at Cannock

Rich-82

Quote from: Solo1 on January 11, 2021, 11:45:38 PM
Are the arriva ones at Cannock  on lease to d&g like the ones at Bolton with diamond or  does d&\,g own the arriva  the arriva ones at Cannock
sold to D&G with the Cannock Operations with arriva retaining about 15 vechicles  which most are in Telford are withdrawn and some in service now at Telford

Solo1

So like when diamond brought arriva wednesfield & first  redditch/kidderminster  so what was the bolton deal as they are leasing some of the first buses thats why i asked

Rich-82

Quote from: Solo1 on January 12, 2021, 07:56:23 AM
So like when diamond brought arriva wednesfield & first  redditch/kidderminster  so what was the bolton deal as they are leasing some of the first buses thats why i asked
I think that was due to Diamond being short of buses

Solo1

Quote from: Rich-82 on January 12, 2021, 09:57:11 AM
I think that was due to Diamond being short of buses
ok thanks

Westy

Are any of Cannock's fleet ex Midland Wednesfield from a few years back?

Would be ironic if vehicles repainted from red to blue were repainted back to red, if Chaserider were all over red like D & G themselves!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on January 12, 2021, 11:03:16 AM

No

Bob

Quote from: Westy on January 12, 2021, 11:03:16 AM

Would be ironic if vehicles repainted from red to blue were repainted back to red, if Chaserider were all over red like D & G themselves!

I think most of Wednesfields will have been torched by now lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk