News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Incorrect Bus Stop Information

Started by Adam 404, October 14, 2015, 06:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

The Birmingham Road, Cross Lane outbound stop for the 51 and 424 is missing its flag.
Stand A, B and C's digital screens aren't working at Walsall Bus Station.
The Booths Farm Road, Perry Wood Road Stop only has the 424/E on the flag, the 52A should also be on the flag, 52A is on the timetable, however.

Jack

Bromford Drive, Sandown Road inbound Stop is missing its timetable for the 25, X12/70.

Jack

Hatfield Road outbound stop on Birchfield Road still has 52 and 52A on the flag.

Justin Tyme

For long out-of-date bus stops, Johnsons service 87 could be of interest.

On Kenilworth Road, Balsall Common, in the Solihull direction buses call at a Heart of England Services stop dating back to the mid 1980s.

Even better are some bus stops in Burton Green.  This village was in Solihull Borough from 1974 until 1994 and then was transferred to Warwick District Council, so it has a mixture of old WMPTE and Centro stops, and Warwickshire County Council timetable cases.

One stop in Burton Green has the route numbers 24, 34 and 44, which were used for Coventry - Balsall Common WMPTE services in the late 70s and early 80s!  Fortunately for passengers, it also has an up-to-date Warwickshire CC departure list.

MW

The X50 stop outbound at Stratford Road/Walford Road says towards Gospel Oak...

It's in the new WMCA format too.

The stop next to it lists the 4, 4A, 5 & 6 and says towards Hall Green despite the 4 & 4A not going in Hall Green.

A few errors in the Solihull area:
Old Lode Lane, Hobs Moat Road stop towards Solihull has no flag at all on the bus stop.
The stop the 4 uses in Solihull Town Centre on Poplar Road (Towards Birmingham) still says "62 Warwickshire College" on the flag - though Stagecoach withdrew this route years ago now and since then they've updated the same flag to show "4 Birmingham (Updated from 37".
Quote from: Matt.N0056 on August 31, 2018, 11:03:51 PM
Should be S1. I have reported this via the website but nothing seems to have been done...
I also see this is still the same and has still not been corrected - the second stop from the bottom of Station Road outside Solihull Railways station still says "S16 Damsonwood", when the S16 neither serves the Station or Damsonwood. It should say S1.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ginger66

23/24 diverted route via bath row;   noticed that centro has put the wrong flagsbon stops put up 'n' ones instead of west midlands bus

Jack

Quote from: Ginger66 on September 07, 2018, 07:46:55 PM
23/24 diverted route via bath row;   noticed that centro has put the wrong flagsbon stops put up 'n' ones instead of west midlands bus
What's wrong with that? I'd welcome the blue ones other the new cheap things!

Westy

What bus stops are supposed to go up now?

I thought the WMB ones were for the joint routes only for now, while the blue & white ones were for other routes not involved?

Stu

Quote from: Westy on September 08, 2018, 02:36:42 PM
What bus stops are supposed to go up now?

I thought the WMB ones were for the joint routes only for now, while the blue & white ones were for other routes not involved?

As has previously been stated several times, the 'new design' flags will be put up as existing flags need to be replaced on an ongoing basis over the next few years, rather than change them all at once. Doing it in this transitional way keeps the cost down to the taxpayer, which I welcome, but there will be others complaining about how it is a 'waste of money'.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on September 08, 2018, 02:48:50 PM
As has previously been stated several times, the 'new design' flags will be put up as existing flags need to be replaced on an ongoing basis over the next few years, rather than change them all at once. Doing it in this transitional way keeps the cost down to the taxpayer, which I welcome, but there will be others complaining about how it is a 'waste of money'.

I think that's sensible. However the X50 stop in Sparkbrook says Towards Gospel Oak on it. The X50 is the only route serving this stop.

The amount of mistakes TfWM seem to have made the past few months has been absolutely ridiculous. I think TfWM are the waste of money here.

BK63 YWP

There are several bus stops around Kingswinford, Brierley Hill and merry hill with the old numbers still on it haha
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

The 58 stop at Yardley, Swan towards Solihull doesn't have a timetable up for the 58 in it and instead it has timetables up for the Coventry Road services (60/X1/X2). There was a valid timetable up at that stop for the 58 only about 2 weeks ago, but somebody seems to have removed it and replaced it with timetables for the Coventry Road services.
There is no timetable or timetable case at the York Street stop on Harborne High Street towards Birmingham City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

The stop at Bloxwich Leisure Centre southbound is still showing the 301 & 302 information.

Stu

Quote from: MW on September 08, 2018, 02:55:03 PM
I think that's sensible. However the X50 stop in Sparkbrook says Towards Gospel Oak on it. The X50 is the only route serving this stop.

The amount of mistakes TfWM seem to have made the past few months has been absolutely ridiculous. I think TfWM are the waste of money here.

I don't think its a case of making mistakes, just not checking the finer details when it comes to updating databases. Presumably for flag data, there is a database entry for each stop which lists the route numbers served, the stop name and the 'towards' line data. Whoever has updated the database has correctly changed the route numbers to be shown, but has not updated the 'towards' information.

There is also a stop on Showell Green Lane just before the junction with Yardley Wood Road, which now correctly shows the 5 on the flag, but still shows "Towards Yardley Wood", which was correct for when the 2 stopped there, but is now inaccurate as the 5 doesn't go to Yardley Wood.

To be honest, as the X50 only runs a few trips on a Sunday, I'm not sure why it has stops to itself at Palmerston Road / Stoney Lane anyway.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk