News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dababa015

Could anyone tell me what's happened to 4492?

Tony

Quote from: Dababa015 on February 19, 2024, 06:51:27 AMCould anyone tell me what's happened to 4492?
See vehicles away from home garage

Dababa015

Wumpty

@Tony there's a large number of Omnilinks at PN in varying states of disrepair - are there any plans for disposals of these as most are Tridents and there's very little space on scrap row?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on February 19, 2024, 08:02:55 PM@Tony there's a large number of Omnilinks at PN in varying states of disrepair - are there any plans for disposals of these as most are Tridents and there's very little space on scrap row?
Not yet, the rest of the doubles will be going in the next few weeks though

Wumpty

@Tony 4453 has a "SOLD - Do Not Touch" sign in the windscreen.

Is this a private sale (not expecting any further details or sensitive information)?

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on March 04, 2024, 04:08:29 PM@Tony 4453 has a "SOLD - Do Not Touch" sign in the windscreen.

Is this a private sale (not expecting any further details or sensitive information)?
There's a large preservation organisation have first bids on it, once they have inspected it if it is not suitable there are two indivduals waiting behind

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on March 04, 2024, 05:44:09 PMThere's a large preservation organisation have first bids on it, once they have inspected it if it is not suitable there are two indivduals waiting behind
Excellent news, considering the time, significance and investment in the heritage fleet. Let's hope this goes to a deserving home.

Cheese

I know it's not strictly a withdrawn vehicle as it had already gone to The Bus Works but I saw former 4534 in Peterborough on Monday morning on a school service, the blind suggested it was with Nationwide Coaches of Peterborough, saw quite a few of their coaches coming off schools on Monday morning also.

Wumpty

Quote from: Cheese on March 07, 2024, 07:54:50 PMI know it's not strictly a withdrawn vehicle as it had already gone to The Bus Works but I saw former 4534 in Peterborough on Monday morning on a school service, the blind suggested it was with Nationwide Coaches of Peterborough, saw quite a few of their coaches coming off schools on Monday morning also.
Birmingham Busworks have four withdrawn Tridents on slave tyres advertised for sale (4318/4576/4445/4538) at either £6000 + VAT or £7500 + VAT with 12 months MOT included.

Wba_lad

I seen 4502 being delivered today to Birmingham bus works, 

Tony

4648 has been withdrawn after suffering an engine failure

Tony

1912 has been withdrawn due to a seized engine

Ingleboro261F

What happened to 1907 why was it removed from list?

a4 funcool 2022

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on April 22, 2024, 10:50:31 AMWhat happened to 1907 why was it removed from list?
It say last in service January 2023 so not been in service for a year 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk