News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

WrightBus StreetDeck - Discussion/Sightings/Route Allocation (Not PN gossip)

Started by BK63 YWP, January 21, 2016, 02:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squiz1971

These buses will if a full order is commissioned will make a welcome difference/change to the current fleet IMHO. The crimson livery looks great on these Streetdecks shame about not seeing the front profile as well but beggars can't be choosers with the pictures lol. Can't wait to see this on the road on the 9

Liberator9

Looks excellent - the livery suits it perfectly (do hope this leads to more Wrights coming into the fleet again in the future).

CL

Quote from: Squiz1971 on January 23, 2016, 07:13:15 PM
These buses will if a full order is commissioned will make a welcome difference/change to the current fleet IMHO. The crimson livery looks great on these Streetlites shame about not seeing the front profile as well but beggars can't be choosers with the pictures lol. Can't wait to see this on the road on the 9
Streetdecks* Haha!

I'm so happy to see the angular front; loving the aesthetics, the body and livery seem to conplement each other very well! I won't lie, i'm slightly disappointed that the Streetdeck hasn't got the staircase windows, but I guess it is what it is.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Solo1

Quote from: karl724223 on January 23, 2016, 06:58:11 PM
not at pensnett yet
it's arrived at the docks .when it's arrives at pensnett how long will it be before it on the road

Acording to A group on facebook it has to go to BC garage first to be evalueted
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

Dom

Quote from: 900 on January 23, 2016, 07:46:37 PM
Acording to A group on facebook it has to go to BC garage first to be evalueted

@900 well duh! Every bus is evaluated and the fact it was confirmed by a BC driver! Come on!

Quote from: WN on January 23, 2016, 07:59:23 PM
@900 well duh! Every bus is evaluated and the fact it was confirmed by a BC driver! Come on!

@WN i never saw that post i do apolgse
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

BK63 YWP

@GeminiFan1991 the 9 requires 21/22 vehicles for peak so no spare mmcs if ones off the road hence tridents popping up now and then. Streetdeck will be used on the 9 so the odd mmc will probably crop up on 141 etc. Tbh i wouldn't be surprised if nx orders more. But like @Nathan said it will most likely be assessed against the mmcs
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Jack6101

I wonder if when it's gets evaluated and nx decide to buy more if it will go with the hole batch of street decks if they do order any more. I like how the bus has the curved line looks good. But where would the branding go if any was to be applied on these
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Impressive most impressive, just goes to show what an excellent livery can do for a bus, most streetdeck,s I,ve seen have been in hideous colours so not really helping with visual aesthetics.
I can see an order for these if the engineering side of things are ok.
Bring it on

Excellent looking vehicle , I repeat what I said in the pensnett thread

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Bryan on January 24, 2016, 09:58:44 AM
If you said it in the Pensnett thread, why start a new thread?

So it doesn't continue to fill pn thread. People opinions of the appearance and performance of the vehicle can go here

X10 Gornal Wood

paulb1973

I'm slowly warming to the rather angular front design, the rear looks quite nice. Shame the upstairs windows look so short [in depth]. 3301 is a curious choice of fleet number - although the range from 3301 to 3999 is free, so plenty of room for a big order!

BK63 YWP

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 24, 2016, 11:18:30 AM
I'm slowly warming to the rather angular front design, the rear looks quite nice. Shame the upstairs windows look so short [in depth]. 3301 is a curious choice of fleet number - although the range from 3301 to 3999 is free, so plenty of room for a big order!

Tbh i think the earlier Streekdeck came out in awful liveries i.e. Brighton and Hove Bright green and the all Pink one for a northern company, can't remember which one. NX has proved that the crimson livery can be applied to any vehicle and look good. I like the front where theres more black on the front upper deck pillars and the destination blinds

X10 Gornal Wood

Kevin

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 24, 2016, 11:18:30 AM

Logic with the fleetnumbers went out the window when they started with 61xx MMCs.... You'd have thought with it only being a seed vehicle they'd have gone for 499x as per 4697/4698. But never mind.

Yeah I agree with many it seems, the livery on that body looks ace
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk