News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service 29 vandalism and anti-social behaviour affecting Walsall buses

Started by I love Walsall buses, October 25, 2021, 07:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on May 05, 2024, 11:30:15 AMMust admit, for those of you that have a rough idea where I live, I have a non league club in our road.

I have no idea who they are or what division they are in, despite living less than a minutes walk from the ground.

All I know they are a PITA, along with certain neighbours, with the parking!
Bloxwhich United or Lane Head Darlo don't have that issue using Bentley Pavilion which has a big car park and can be extended to run onto the end of the Pitch that is behind the main Pitch, then if we need more we can use the whole of that pitch and then start putting them on the side peice of grass next to the Bar and Stand and then behind the main Pitch behind the goal that the houses on Wrexham Aveune back onto. And I think I've seen them use the Bowling Green out the front. But usually the Opposition used to warm up there and train before coming onto the main pitch. We basically back them up to the River Tame and use the pitches and even as it curves to go back Showcase if we need to.

But no Westy you might know where I mean on Queen Elizabeth Aveune where they are apparently throwing Stones at the buses. So when @Stu asked what are they doing there I now know there lobbing stones from the Church Hill at buses passing so this presumably only affects Walsall bound services unless they wait for the Willenhall one to if the Walsall service doesn't come and throw them from the Pavement 

Looking at Bustimes the 20:05 from Walsall went the normal way as to did the 19:25 Inbound to Walsall operated by 860 it was the 20:25 that Diverted and the 21:05 4865, 4737 then Diverted both ways, with the last bus reverting the normal way. When I checked it was 3 hours since NX tweeted about the Diversion by my reckoning 6 or 7PM. I guess they weren't actually being attacked this time hence the 19:25 and 20:05 ran down Queen Elizabeth Aveune unless it got attacked and they had initially only saw the Kids gathering. I was unlucky I guess

Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk