News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jc

Quote from: markcf83 on October 17, 2023, 03:40:33 PMMight have asked this before so apologies if so,but can nBus tickets be bought on Stagecoach buses in Coventry?
Yes it can be, so can the nNetwork and nMetro/Bus variants.

Stu

Quote from: markcf83 on October 17, 2023, 03:40:33 PMMight have asked this before so apologies if so,but can nBus tickets be bought on Stagecoach buses in Coventry?

Quote from: jc on October 19, 2023, 03:11:33 PMYes it can be, so can the nNetwork and nMetro/Bus variants.
I don't know if the information is incorrect or out-of-date, but according to TfWM's website, Stagecoach accept nBus and nNetwork but don't sell them:
https://journeyplanner.wmnetwork.co.uk/Operator/Stagecoach%20Midlands
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Stu on October 19, 2023, 08:12:04 PMI don't know if the information is incorrect or out-of-date, but according to TfWM's website, Stagecoach accept nBus and nNetwork but don't sell them:
https://journeyplanner.wmnetwork.co.uk/Operator/Stagecoach%20Midlands

TfWM's information is out-of-date.  I bought an nBus day ticket on the 169 earlier this year, and I see that the Stagecoach website says that they do sell them - although you have to click on "Dayrider" tickets to get to the page: -

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/regionaltickets/midlands/birmingham/dayrider

I guess Stagecoach probably started selling them last year when they began to win TfWM contracts (starting with the 82, 87 and 88).

Rachvince53

Yes. Please note they can not be used on Stagecoach services beyond the nBus area.

markcf83

Thanks to all who responded. Most grateful.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

BBS

36217 KX60LJA making a rare appearance on the A9
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: BBS on November 03, 2023, 03:35:51 PM36217 KX60LJA making a rare appearance on the A9
Are you sure? It's also tracking on routes in Rugby.

(If correct, it's been on the A9 a few times this week)

My locals:

Secondary trigger 28

Quote from: Stu on November 03, 2023, 04:19:35 PMAre you sure? It's also tracking on routes in Rugby.

(If correct, it's been on the A9 a few times this week)

For some reason 36949 is tracking as 36217 that's why  it's on more than one route

Wumpty

Followed 36424 along A45 up to Yardley underpass and very pleasing to see Stagecoach's Remembrance Poppy blinds.

Excellent effort Stagecoach!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

ellspurs

They have got a bus fully wrapped in a Royal British Legion decal as well. I think I saw it around Oxford last week. A number of the buses there also had poppies on the front of their buses.

markcf83

Quote from: ellspurs on November 09, 2023, 11:13:50 AMThey have got a bus fully wrapped in a Royal British Legion decal as well. I think I saw it around Oxford last week. A number of the buses there also had poppies on the front of their buses.
That will be one of the ex South Scanias or,possibly,be 50452-one of the recently transferred coaches for the Oxford Tube.  
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Stu

Only noticed today that the 169 has had another route change in Kings Heath, from Addison Road it continues onto Vicarage Road, then goes via Howard Road to terminate on Alcester Road South.

I would have thought it more beneficial 'connectivity-wise' for passengers if this was reversed, might have a chance of picking up people who might be waiting for the 76.
My locals:

Quote from: Stu on December 09, 2023, 03:55:21 PMOnly noticed today that the 169 has had another route change in Kings Heath, from Addison Road it continues onto Vicarage Road, then goes via Howard Road to terminate on Alcester Road South.
Yes rerouted to better serve Camp Hill School it was said. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

cardew

Given the time it takes to get through the lights by the Red Lion at school kicking out time it would be quicker for the kids to walk the quarter of a mile to the High Street.

(Please note, my comment is not a serious proposal)

bususer28

Quote from: Stu on December 09, 2023, 03:55:21 PMOnly noticed today that the 169 has had another route change in Kings Heath, from Addison Road it continues onto Vicarage Road, then goes via Howard Road to terminate on Alcester Road South.

I would have thought it more beneficial 'connectivity-wise' for passengers if this was reversed, might have a chance of picking up people who might be waiting for the 76.
Despite the 'official' route, I've seen a number of buses carry on to Grove Road and turn on to Tenbury Road rather than turning onto Howard Road, most probably because of the traffic on Howard Road at rush hour. 
I think the constant changing quite clearly shows that Kings Heath isn't really the place for buses to turn around, not with the LTN in force at least...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk