News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wba_lad

I boarded on 6726 earlier on the X51 from Walsall to Cannock. The bus was pretty decent, only one problem with it while driving randomly the "please apply hand break" would announce when the cab door was closed. This happened a few times during the journey. Maybe it's a faulty sensor or something. 

Dababa015

This might be the wrong place to say this but at roughly 16.25 on severene road 4A the driver of 6704 would not move because a passenger was carrying a TV, is this allowed on a bus or is the driver overreacting? He was holding 7540 up which was already 20 mins late and we couldn't go around due to a parked car.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Wba_lad on April 02, 2024, 08:54:14 PMI boarded on 6726 earlier on the X51 from Walsall to Cannock. The bus was pretty decent, only one problem with it while driving randomly the "please apply hand break" would announce when the cab door was closed. This happened a few times during the journey. Maybe it's a faulty sensor or something.
Very likely. Probably just needs adjustment to the cab door.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Dababa015 on April 06, 2024, 04:28:10 PMThis might be the wrong place to say this but at roughly 16.25 on severene road 4A the driver of 6704 would not move because a passenger was carrying a TV, is this allowed on a bus or is the driver overreacting? He was holding 7540 up which was already 20 mins late and we couldn't go around due to a parked car.
According to NX Conditions of Carriage (downloadable from the NX website), the driver is within their rights to refuse to carry any luggage or goods. In addition any item weighing over 22kg is prohibited. Therefore annoying as it might seem the driver was following the correct procedure in my opinion. 

Stu

Quote from: Dababa015 on April 06, 2024, 04:28:10 PMThis might be the wrong place to say this but at roughly 16.25 on severene road 4A the driver of 6704 would not move because a passenger was carrying a TV, is this allowed on a bus or is the driver overreacting? He was holding 7540 up which was already 20 mins late and we couldn't go around due to a parked car.
Depends on how big the TV was and/or if it was boxed or not.

A large boxed item would have to be stowed in the buggy zone, if that area was already occupied by buggies then the driver would be perfectly right to refuse entry.

If it was a large unboxed LCD/LED TV, the driver can refuse to carry it due to the risk of getting damaged and potentially injuring other passengers, as well as making a hazardous mess.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Surely you'd know someone with a car, or get a taxi?

MW

Quote from: Westy on April 06, 2024, 09:04:29 PMSurely you'd know someone with a car, or get a taxi?

I had 3 seperate passengers on the same journey once. One got on with an Iron (looked new but wasn't boxed), another got on with an ironing board and the another got on with a clothes rack on wheels (that he wheeled onboard). I was in stitches. This was the 11A from Erdington

Lukeee

Quote from: MW on April 06, 2024, 10:30:37 PMI had 3 seperate passengers on the same journey once. One got on with an Iron (looked new but wasn't boxed), another got on with an ironing board and the another got on with a clothes rack on wheels (that he wheeled onboard). I was in stitches. This was the 11A from Erdington
It's erdington, are you surprised lol

BlackCountryBusSpotter

I once got an Arriva DAF Alx 400 on the 334 with a boxed PS3, I wouldn't try to get on the 34/37 or 39 with a Flat Screen TV Boxed or not risk of it being broken
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on April 07, 2024, 11:15:59 PMI once got an Arriva DAF Alx 400 on the 334 with a boxed PS3, I wouldn't try to get on the 34/37 or 39 with a Flat Screen TV Boxed or not risk of it being broken
Well, it would be a fair walk from Currys Pc World Wednesbury to the nearest bus stop on both the Darlo & Dudley routes.

I bought a laptop in the Comet closing down sale at Bescot several years ago & bought it back on the 401e & the Bloxwich route, plus I had a nice compact hi fi from Clearance in Walsall & bought it back on the bus.

Probably would still have it now, if it wasn't for the fact it wasn't DAB + compatible!

Stu

OK, back on topic now please folks
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

spacecowboy150

4806: this thing is so sluggish and slow it took a while to get up to 30mph and it could barely get up any hills. It used to be fast but have a slipping gearbox, id rather that than what i got today

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk