News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel de Courcey -- General Thread

Started by Valandil, June 27, 2014, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis

Quote from: Sandy Lane on August 12, 2018, 10:10:40 AM
Now that is interesting. I am told that way back in the days (decades ago) of Midland Red that for years MR used to operate a Coventry to Brinklow and the other villages but it did not pay and was then scrapped. What surprises me that MDC cant make it work on a Sunday and have walked away from it how can Stagecoach see it as profitable?

585 has been tendered since deregulation, and I suspect it was propped up with network support subsidy before that. Essentially a 1 PVR service the majority of journeys were Rugby to Brinklow and turned at Great Balance.

Originally a MRS service it was then operated by Coaching at Wheels, then MRS again, then A-Line for many years. WCC increased the frequency to an hourly through service using Rural Bus Grant funding in the late 90s. Latterly the tender has been operated by DeCourcey who registered all sorts of commercial enhancements which have gradually fallen by the wayside, including a Sunday service which was then put out to tender by WCC.

It's interesting that DeCourcey are withdrawing commercial work and losing contracts, perhaps they are re-focusing as a coach operator again.

mikestone

Tempo CV07KOV is for sale at the Stafford Bus Centre, reverted to its original registration.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: JPC on July 25, 2018, 10:37:08 PM
Sunday journeys on services X6 and 585 will no longer run.

Ref : https://www.traveldecourcey.com/news/article/79/service_revisions
The website states the new timetables will be available from Monday 20th August. I had a look but cant find them. Anyone else know where they are?

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Dennis on July 19, 2018, 09:19:07 PM
Are they still actually building the depot? Nothing much seems to have happened in the past six months or so, work completely stopped. Perhaps they have started with it again.
Depot looking good from the outside now with blue and grey cladding covering the walls.

Solo1

Whats th minimum / maximum  pvr  used on the  car parks on the NEC 

Sandy Lane

The imperial Birmigham based TNWM has updated the Coventry city centre bus map in September. It appears the 585 now goes to Stafford from stand Q at Pool Meadow 😱

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on October 30, 2018, 08:15:42 PM
The imperial Birmigham based TNWM has updated the Coventry city centre bus map in September. It appears the 585 now goes to Stafford from stand Q at Pool Meadow 😱

Not particularly the best post criticising Typos

JoNi

Quote from: Sandy Lane on October 30, 2018, 08:15:42 PM

The x30 and x68 also go to Stafford and you can even get to Telford! I pity anyone with poor eyesight looking at stop list on this map or new bus stop signs. No 20C or 30 either!

paulb1973

Quote from: JoNi on October 31, 2018, 04:23:17 PM

The x30 and x68 also go to Stafford and you can even get to Telford! I pity anyone with poor eyesight looking at stop list on this map or new bus stop signs. No 20C or 30 either!

The 30 is no more I assume - it has been replaced by the NXC 20C.

Sandy Lane

Lukeeee2018

Anyone know if the Citaro (575) is out today?

Nxwm

I'm hearing travel de courcey have lost all national express work any truth in this???

winston

Quote from: Nxwm on December 04, 2018, 06:07:35 PM
I'm hearing travel de courcey have lost all national express work any truth in this???

I had heard something similar and their work was to be taken in house by NX.

There have been problems with driver shortages, NX have had to cover their journeys using other operators, I understand the driver shortage issues have improved of late. But also NX aren't too impressed with DeCourcey also proving coaches for their competitor Snap.

Not sure whether it's true though.

I love Walsall buses

The 703 will be returning back to Wood Lane from 16 January

Solo1

Any photos of the updated depot in Rowley drive thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk