News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenSquid

I'm surprised there isn't some wacky interworking with the 46/169 to avoid the buses turning around - and getting stuck in Kings Heath.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Wba_lad

There was rumours going around that stagecoach was going to get the 002 (merry hill to weoley castle) on Sundays only, and also a rumour that they was getting the 18 (Dudley to merry hill) it hasent yet happened so I'm assuming it's not true.

Also heard that stagecoach was applying for a depot somewhere in Birmingham I think in hockley but not too sure all these was listed on a website I have a screenshot somewhere, I'm assuming this was not a genuine TFWM website and somone set it up. 

BK63 YWP

Best indicator of Stagecoach having brought a depot in Birmingham would be finding job advertisements or a land purchase agreement/leasing document 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 05, 2024, 09:56:09 PMThere was rumours going around that stagecoach was going to get the 002 (merry hill to weoley castle) on Sundays only, and also a rumour that they was getting the 18 (Dudley to merry hill) it hasent yet happened so I'm assuming it's not true.

Also heard that stagecoach was applying for a depot somewhere in Birmingham I think in hockley but not too sure all these was listed on a website I have a screenshot somewhere, I'm assuming this was not a genuine TFWM website and somone set it up.
Can you provide a link to that website? If it is attempting to impersonate TfWM, then it should be reported to them. The real TfWM website does not deal in rumours.

The Sunday 002 contract was awarded to NX in November, I'm not sure when the 18 contract is up for renewal.

I would personally like to see Stagecoach commit to establishing a proper presence in the West Midlands before they are awarded any further contracts.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wba_lad

Quote from: Stu on January 06, 2024, 04:42:16 PMCan you provide a link to that website? If it is attempting to impersonate TfWM, then it should be reported to them. The real TfWM website does not deal in rumours.

The Sunday 002 contract was awarded to NX in November, I'm not sure when the 18 contract is up for renewal.

I would personally like to see Stagecoach commit to establishing a proper presence in the West Midlands before they are awarded any further contracts.

I'll try and find the website and link it, somewhere I was sent it by someone, I have a screenshot of it too, but not too sure how to link photos. I just wanted to know if it is true or not, but I'm assuming it's fake news because as you said national express covered the 002 route under the X21 route.

BK63 YWP

QuoteI'll try and find the website and link it, somewhere I was sent it by someone, I have a screenshot of it too, but not too sure how to link photos. I just wanted to know if it is true or not, but I'm assuming it's fake news because as you said national express covered the 002 route under the X21 route.
Attachment underneath a post reply to attach photos.

If it's fake news or you believe it is fake news don't post it unless you have firm evidence please 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

LD713821

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 06, 2024, 07:12:57 PMI'll try and find the website and link it, somewhere I was sent it by someone, I have a screenshot of it too, but not too sure how to link photos. I just wanted to know if it is true or not, but I'm assuming it's fake news because as you said national express covered the 002 route under the X21 route.
Did you find it on discord?

bususer28

It looks like Stagecoach have very subtly ammended the 46's timetable and route around Kings Heath. It looks like the service no longer offers a clockface 30-minute frequency towards the QE whilst it does on the way back. What's most impressive, however, is that TfWM seem completely unaware of it- no timetable posters have been changed and nothing has been posted on their website! 

Stu

Quote from: bususer28 on January 09, 2024, 03:34:49 PMIt looks like Stagecoach have very subtly ammended the 46's timetable and route around Kings Heath. It looks like the service no longer offers a clockface 30-minute frequency towards the QE whilst it does on the way back. What's most impressive, however, is that TfWM seem completely unaware of it- no timetable posters have been changed and nothing has been posted on their website!
The timetable and route map on the TfWM website is correct.

My locals:

BBS

36216 KX60LHZ making a rare appearance on the 41 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: BBS on January 20, 2024, 01:38:36 PM36216 KX60LHZ making a rare appearance on the 41
According to the VRM lookup we use at work, this only meets Euro4 standards, so wouldn't normally be used on the TfWM contracts.

I notice that Stagecoach recently are back to their old form of cancelling journeys again, presumably this is being used today due to a shortage of Euro6 compliant vehicles.

If Stagecoach want to be taken seriously by TfWM then they need to show some commitment by investing in a local site and some decent vehicles.
My locals:

Jack

Quote from: Stu on January 20, 2024, 05:17:28 PMAccording to the VRM lookup we use at work, this only meets Euro4 standards, so wouldn't normally be used on the TfWM contracts.

I notice that Stagecoach recently are back to their old form of cancelling journeys again, presumably this is being used today due to a shortage of Euro6 compliant vehicles.

If Stagecoach want to be taken seriously by TfWM then they need to show some commitment by investing in a local site and some decent vehicles.

Surely using a Euro 4 bus is better than no bus service at all?

I think most passengers would be more interested in the service running than the Euro rating of the bus! As bad as that sounds.

Stu

Quote from: Jack on January 20, 2024, 05:22:52 PMSurely using a Euro 4 bus is better than no bus service at all?

I think most passengers would be more interested in the service running than the Euro rating of the bus! As bad as that sounds.
I agree. I don't know what Stagecoach have been doing or why certain journeys are being cancelled due to 'mechanical issues'.

I know that Rugby only has a small pool of Euro6 vehicles specifically for use on these TfWM contracts. If they don't have enough compliant vehicles for use on them, surely all they have to do is to reach out to TfWM for a 'temporary exemption'.

Which they may have done already, if 36216 was used on the 41 today.

At the end of the day, the TfWM contract may specify using Euro6 buses, but it is better to have some kind of vehicle in use and fulfilling the contracted timetabled journeys in full.
My locals:

Quote from: Stu on January 20, 2024, 05:32:33 PMI agree. I don't know what Stagecoach have been doing or why certain journeys are being cancelled due to 'mechanical issues'.

I know that Rugby only has a small pool of Euro6 vehicles specifically for use on these TfWM contracts. If they don't have enough compliant vehicles for use on them, surely all they have to do is to reach out to TfWM for a 'temporary exemption'.

Which they may have done already, if 36216 was used on the 41 today.

At the end of the day, the TfWM contract may specify using Euro6 buses, but it is better to have some kind of vehicle in use and fulfilling the contracted timetabled journeys in full.
According to bus times it looks like this was a change bus for 36425 and they had euro 6 buses out on some of the local Rugby routes.
I would guess this could be the only suitable bus available in the garage at short notice and could probably enter service quicker than having to pull a euro 6 bus off another route.

I doubt the passengers noticed anything different to their normal bus anyway.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mayfield

Do the buses still travel from Rugby everyday or have the a depot in Birmingham now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk